View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #37
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
> The Majority of people on earth believe in the God of Abraham in the old testament. 3 major religions are rooted in this belief.

Even if that is true it's meaningless. Popular says nothing about correct.
Yeah I once had this argument with ole Brain, but I didn't care to debate him. Rather I feel I can carry on a normal conversation with you.

Popularity does mean a lot. Lets say that 10 people report a so called miracle verses 100 people, or 1000 people, or 10,000 people. The same rules apply as trying to prove the existence of alien UFO's. Given any single event, the number of believers in that event is important for credible witness and testimony. Maybe the event is a UFO, or maybe someone walking on water or multiplying fish.

In addition to this eye-witness testimony, many believers go so far as to provide "spiritual testimony" which could be seen as jibberish or devine inspiration. Some things are really hard to explain 100% like gravity, even though it is ever present. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't admit to believing in gravity if I was the only one who would admit it. yeah right there is this strange mystical force that invisibly draws you to other matter. If most scientists believe that as the most popular theory, then me too..

Quote:
> There are things on earth that still cannot be explained by modern science such as some of the Seven Wonders of the Earth. (i.e. Great Pyramid)

I'm pretty sure the Great Pyramid can be explained by modern science: It's made of stone. Does the Bible explain something about it that I'm not aware of?
There are many mysteries surrounding the Giza Pyramid ranging from how it was built with such precision to why it was built, and even how long it took to build it. Cutting straight to the point, I believe the pyramid was a prophetic creation and leave it at that.

Quote:
> No record of creation of life in the lab. Not one single amoeba.

The field of organic chemistry isn't even 200 years old. I don't find the fact that life hasn't been created to be proof of anything. Prior to Wohler people used to think all organic chemicals were divinely created for the same reason. They were obviously wrong.
Well until life is created by man, then God has the exclusive on that technology. If it ever happens, then strike this one from my list.

Quote:
>Brainsmasher didn't believe in God and he was always wrong

This one actually worries me. That guy was willfully retarded.
Actually he was smart in an Internet sense in that his agenda was search engine optimization for his website. I learned that it sometimes pays to make no sense and carry on and on ad nausem...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote