View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #13
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
Neither one of my boys.. are violent.. anything but. And they don't go looking for trouble.. but both of them have gotten into trouble.. because they refuse to stand there and take abuse from someone. Both times according to the 'story' from witnesses of what happened, they did not start what happened... and both times the kids who DID start it were much bigger than my boys.. so as I dad.. how the heck can I get mad at them for standing up to some idiot who's going to start something ?

At Northwood, kids get suspended for simply being on the receiving end of a punch, regardless if they fight back or not.. if you are "IN" a fight, everyone gets suspended. not sure what kind of lesson that is meant to teach ??
This is/was the policy even at Evangel when my oldest son was in eighth grade. He got suspended for being hit in the locker room by a kid who had been bullying him all year. The kid who hit him, a crucial football player, did not immediately get suspended until we raised all kinds of he!!.

Our experience with bullying is to stay on top of it with the school because if it is happening outside of school it is going on at school as well maybe just in a more subtle fashion. Also, if the parents are reasonable, they must be dealt with and informed of their child's actions. Often times we don't realize what are "precious" children have been doing until informed.