View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
MattyMattyChooChoo

Rep Power: 0 MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
It helps, but in a way that is so general and not really specific. I was watching movies like Silence Of The Lambs, etc when I was 5. Just because you are a certain age, or even scaled by puberty or whatever their rating system is based on, I always felt I've been more than enough "mature" to handle content of even R movies at a younger age. This doesn't mean I didn't sneak in anyway, there really is no good sense of security anywhere, but the fact is that if you believe there is a security and a system is operating 100%, then you won't notice anybody that's breaking the rules, and you feel safe when you're not. When the government tells you that you're not safe, you start to believe them to, but there has only been ONE attack in America in this millennium: September 11, 2001. Our security hasn't gone down, it's gone up so dramatically it's almost out of control (personally, I think it already is) to the point where all they have to do is say the word "terrorist" and in your mind, you will convey some sort of threat to your personal welfare, even if you were entirely disconnected and unaffected by the September 11 attacks.

Our country is as safe as it's going to get, and increasing security won't help, it will just give people more consideration into how they're going to get around barriers, that's why our thinking minds engineer so many new ideas every day, we will always look for a way out, or entirely stop and follow the law, meh.

EDIT: but good post though, not disagreeing with you.
your statistic of "Only one attack on America this millennium is not really very shocking seeing as how we're not even 1% through the millennium. If you said "last century" or something more representative, it wouldn't sound so skewed. Also, why do you think we haven't had any more successful attacks? Oh, right! It's because we have increased our efforts to prevent them.
MattyMattyChooChoo is offline   Reply With Quote