View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
MattyMattyChooChoo

Rep Power: 0 MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice
I'm not against the concept of putting ratings on movies. I actually care about the ratings and why the movie has such a rating. It's not censorship at all. Censorship would mean that the government has banned movies from being shown.

Movie theaters may prevent minors from seeing movies rated "R" because apparently the movie industry is one of the only that seemto recognize that parents are still the authority in the family.

I think it is irresponsible and unethical to have movies released and not let anybody know what's in them. Many people would probably stop going after they end up at Brokeback Mountain, not knowing there's gay sex in the movie.

The problem I have with the ratings system is that our culture has become more comfortable with ideas and issues to which I don't want to expose my 8 year-old. I am a rather religious person, and there are things, even in PG and G rated movies that I don't want my kids (future) watching.

The system is not perfect, but it helps.
MattyMattyChooChoo is offline   Reply With Quote