View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if this will motivate you or not Pokie, but here goes:

Over the last year I have lost about 35-40 lbs. The way I did it was:

1) No bread, sugar, or junk food. Now I do have my days where I lose it and just scarf it down. But I have cut it WAYYYYY back.

2) Little to no fried foods.

3) Very small portions of food. I cut the portions way back even though I never ate large portions, I still cut in half what I was normally eating. I almost always share an entree with someone when eating out.

4) Lots and lots of water. No soft drinks unless I have a headache. Coke was my enemy, not my friend.

5) Most importantly, KEITH MEADOWS, my trainer. I haven't lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months but good gosh I haven't lost inches. I weight train with him three days a week. The weight training is what I really contribute to the biggest part of my transformation. My legs haven't looked this good in years. Keith stays on top of what I am eating ( I hate him for it) and pushes me like I can't push myself.

I think Keith would say to you that you are going to have to really change up what you are doing. YOu are going to have to push your cardio to another level as in RUN! I ran in my pasture and yard this morning for 30 minutes. Hated it, but knew I had to do it. Then you are going to have to increase your protein and take your carbs way down. Find a way to weight train even if it's on your back porch. Some is better than none. Also, doing sit ups on an incline bench (make your husband build you one or buy one!) is a big help to the mid section.

Those are the things that came to mind first. I hope this helps. The trainer is great and I highly recommend it. I know there is a lady in Golden Meadows that my aunt used when she was getting ready for her wedding. She got great results there. I could get that name for you. Good luck!

ISAAC: If you try to wisecrack on this thread, I will open a can of whoopa## on you. Don't even go there.