View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Actually, Windows XP and up has dual monitor support so long as your video card does too. The instructors' computers at BPCC have them and they're AWESOME! You can stretch your desktop across two or more monitors if you want. It's a real time saver if you're some kind of software or media developer.

You just need a video card that has dual-monitor support too. I've got one myself on my home computer. Dual-monitor cards usually go for $100 or so and come with both a VGA jack and a DVI jack for plugging in 2 monitors. Just get yourself a DVI/VGA adapter and you'll be able to plug one monitor into each jack.

Once you have two monitors plugged in, right click on your desktop, click "Properties," select the "Settings" tab, and you should see a newly activated option that allows you to stretch your desktop across two monitors. Once you activate this, you should be good to go. Your mouse will be able to jump from one screen to the other as if there was nothing between them.

I Googled this up for you, Isabella. Good luck!
http://www.cyberinkdesign.com/dual_monitors.htm

Last edited by AnimeSpirit; 04-30-2007 at 12:55 AM.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote