View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
It should not matter whether they are in a shelter or on the street or in the park. If someone is hungary feed them.
True, but I was trying to figure out the circumstance under which this ordinance would ever come up for a town government to consider. I mean, WHY would a city government have a problem with people feeding homeless?

The only good reason I could think of is the one I mentioned. If the taxpayers provided shelters for these homeless people and yet they continued to live on the street because people were feeding them there too, I might consider putting a stop to that as well. It's a waste of the taxpayers' money to build these shelters to aid the homeless when the homeless doesn't want to use them. Besides that, the homeless people would be better off in a shelter than sleeping in a park.