View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
LateNight,

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the article as much as I did writing it. I won’t deny that the “dog days of summer” can be pretty brutal in our area, almost like a sauna steam bath at times! There are other areas in the country that are hotter such as Arizona or New Mexico, but their humidity is lower which cancels out some of that heat as far as the “real feel” or other heat index is concerned. A little wind helps too.

I am not a meteorologist, but if I look at a US map I see that these less humid areas have land (Mexico) to their South rather than water (the Gulf) which brings in the humidity to our region. Are other Gulf States like Mississippi, Alabama, or Florida any less prone to humidity than Louisiana?

The next thing I see on the map is that these Gulf States are all “green” while the drier states further west are “brown” for lack of vegetation. I hear that a more desert like environment can be great for those suffering from allergies due to molds, pollen, etc. But I would rather endure a sniffle or the heat in exchange for living in a lush “semi-tropical” environment. When traveling out west, it just seems a little too desolate and barren for my tastes. But to each his own.

Now if you are talking about living above the Mason-Dixon Line, well, that is just plain wrong! LOL, just joking. Take care….
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote