View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I'm a very eclectic music fan. My music collection has country, techno, opera, classical, and even some Japanese music (Ayumi Hamasaki is awesome! ). However, rap is the one genre that will never be a part of my collection.

A few years ago, I was back in the Navy. I was working in the ship's post office with several other postal clerks. Most of the others liked rap music and that is what played on the radio EVERYDAY! >_<;; There was one day I still remember where the song playing was a rap song called "B*tch, get out the way." The song was so offensive, I stood up and said, "I can't take anymore of this bullsh*t music. I'll be back in a few." A female PC in the room (female of all people!) stood up in outrage and replied, "No one ever calls your music bullsh*t!" I replied, "The day you people actually let me play my music in here is the day you can call it bullsh*t. But right now, I'm sick of yours." And I left.

Rap music is just so offensive. The artists (and I use that term very loosely) typically sing about gangs, rape, murder, doing drugs, and lust. It's AWFUL music and should disappear, in my opinion.

Music is an art, hence the reason singers are called "artists." Art is the ability to share your feelings and experiences through creation. With that said, who would want to experience the kinds of things they sing about in rap music?!
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote