View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Ya know Matt, when I was a kid, late 60s/early 70s, my parents bought us a set of Realistic (Radio Shack) brand walkie-talkies. Brand new in the box, and they never worked worth a damn. Took em back and swapped em for a new pair several times...they never did work, but hey, we managed to travel 250,000 miles and land on the moon? I have my doubts.
Shoot man, we used to use those walkie talkies and had loads of fun around the 'hood back in Jersey when I was kid. not to mention some of kind of short wave radio or something my old man had, could listen in to Ships around the globe, was pretty cool. I consider our trip to the moon to be a remarkable feat, especially for the time period, But I have no doubt we've been then more than a couple of times.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote