View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
It never ends either! I never know if I truly need to update my software or not?? It always seems like I just did. I'm probably good for around 10 years, but that won't stop the updates! They want me to spend spend spend!
Virus software must have regular updates because new viruses are being written all the time. It's a viral software war out there. If you don't put up the fence and keep up the maintenance on it, the bugs will get in.

Many virus software packages these days come with free updates. AVG is the best one I have seen. It gets regular updates and you can set the program to do its thing during the late hours of the evening while you're in bed. My computer gets updated and scanned every night and I never have to watch it happen.

As for you, LateNight, I'm sure there are far fewer viruses for Macs because fewer people use them. If everyone used Macs, there would be more people writing viruses to infect them. The virus software industry would then turn its guns on the Macintosh, and then Macs will require regular updating too.