Thread: Spankings Work
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #21
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Thanks for the replies. Truth is, we are figuring it out as it goes along. The no spanking thing is going okay. Locking her in her room for quiet time seems to work well. As long as she is not too quiet! I went in after a minute when the crying had stopped to discover that she had pulled everything out of her drawers. Who is teaching who? Truth is, I think I will still spank if the crime deserves the punishment.
We did the "time out" thing and it works well. I talk big now that my kids are growing up but we used physical punishment as a last resort. We don't get the wooden spoon out often, but when all else fails, the wooden spoon can be very effective. Good Luck, being a parent is not as easy as it looks.. The payoff is when they grow up and seem to act better than I was at that same age.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote