View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I agree Kramer, Superior!!! I wonder how many children have been conceived as a result of those margaritas? They are good, but come with some side effects (headaches, nausea, vomiting, possible children, etc)!
I'm sorry, and I'm not accusing you, but this is why the country looks at drugs the way it does. Those adults who are used to slapping their ID down and getting their alcohol but bash the children who are not of age but do the same thing (although since it's illegal, it's much more dangerous to obtain and use, through the black market) because they feel (whether or not they are is debatable) they are able to be responsible enough to do so.

Marijuana isn't illegal for its effects, it's an economic control issue. Alcohol is hundreds (possibly thousands, no real way to compare the two) of times worse for your body and ability to operate a vehicle (did not say you or anyone else did that).

I'm not advocating it, just pointing out the fact that alcohol (a drug, very much so) is easily talked about, but suddenly the word marijuana brings up serious business.