View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #15
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
9/11 9/11 9/11 If we turn ourselves all freakin' upside down... because of 9/11.. then they already freakin' won.
I believe we are turning ourselves upside down with political correctness and liberalism, high taxes, excess entitlements, global warming, and anti-this and anti-that...and Pro-nothing.. 9/11 just amped things up because all the 9/11 terrorists were all muslims. It would have been better had there been two blacks, and two whites, and two christians, and two muslims, and two jews, etc., etc. But that is not how things went down. The war on terror is not politically correct, and everyone is pissed because that fact didn't stop Bush from taking care of business.

However.........I would (and will) vote for Ron Paul in a New York second if he is THE republican frontrunner up against the DNC freak show. Oh I wish... But I can't count on it. Not yet anyway. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
I would go on a complete freakin' rant about it.. but everyone here is so freakin' caught up in 9/11 and content to let the government get bigger and bigger and bigger, so they can protect us from the all the evils in the world. Be careful.. you just might end up getting what you wish for.

Government has been growing looooong before 9/11 which again just amped things up. The whole problem is expectations of citizens of a democracy. When government is expected to defend our borders and create roads and commerce, things are great. Maybe even go to the moon! But when government is expected to provide food, medicine, legal defense, health care, and everything under the sun, not only to citizens but to non-citizens, then things go awry. Then they forget to build roads and defend borders, etc.

It is not easy to shut off funding to Israel, the Palentinians, or to a starving African country once it has started. This mess started before I was born. Just look at history regarding who started the spending and who didn't. The only crazy democratic spending program that I ever agreed with was the space programs. Had the soviets beat us to the moon and continued to dominate that technology, there would be nukes up there right now, I'm sure.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote