Thread: Hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 05:04 PM   #14
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I will post second and say that the churches that I have visited in this town have pastors that tell jokes and talk about themselves and how much money you can send them. They will read two or three verses not chapters and then go into there spin zone that headquarters of there RELIGION has told them to do in order to keep there job. What sayeth the Word not what sayth the preahcer. If your preacher is teaching stright from the Bible then God Speed to him and his flock and I know there out there. I can get more in 15 mins of reading the Word than weeks of stories from a man that relys on emotionalism and religionism .No I have not been in all churches and I am sure that there are lots of study groups that read the Word. I research the Bible for myself and I dont let some stuffed shirt tell me what to think. The people in the churches are there because they thirst for the Word of God but SOME preachers use scare tatics to get those American dollars instead of feeding the sheep the Word of God.
There is much truth in what you are saying, especially regarding Sunday service. But also don't forget the good works that many local churches perform on top of the sermons. Preachers visit the ill in hospitals, and perform funeral ceremonies, and so on. You would have to pay me a million to do that as my job day in and day out without blowing my brains out. But that's me. Others have a much higher calling, and sometimes I think I'm still searching for mine. Sometimes I feel like I would like to do something besides sit for an hour and listen. Maybe I have too much ADD, LOL. I might get more out of an interactive bible study class than a sermon where there is no Q&A. My wife attends to a bible study program so I get to talk to her about it. She helped explain the story of Jacob's pillar to me after you brought it up.
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote