View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Well, I haven't progressed to roasting my own beans, but I have graduated to grinding my own.

Anyone else familiar with Eight O'clock coffee? I prefer the 100% Columbian (brown bag) although I admit I haven't tried them all.

My latest kick is to add some Iced Java instead of sugar. It's a product made by Nestle which is basically a chocolate milk mix with caffine....man I'm telling ya, sometimes I have the shakes when I leave home in the morning
hey BrainSmashr!

You are on the right track if you ask me! It is perfectly natural to grind your own beans before feeling the urge to roast your own beans. FWIW I consider my grinder to be the most important tool in my entire home!

I don't often admit to adding "adulterants" to coffee, but between you and me, I have been known to put a squirt of Nestles chocolate syrup in my coffee or espresso as a sweetener from time to time. There is definitely something about chocolate and coffee that go together.

I can't imagine adding caffeine to coffee if for no other reason that I love to drink coffee and I find that caffeine is the limiting factor. The less caffeine, the more coffee I can drink. But I won't resort to the decafs.. Also it is worth noting that "arabica" coffee has about half the caffeine as "robusta" which doen't taste as good. I always shoot for 100% arabica beans and drink twice as much.

Take care and now that someone is reading it, I guess I need to catch up on my blogging. Roasting (and grinding) coffee is definitely a worthwhile activity that is worth the extra time spent (if you love coffee).

BTW, never had 8'oclock.. In fact, I haven't had a "name brand" of any kind in quite some time, at least that I know of. However, between you and me... the new McDonalds coffee really isn't toooo bad. Better than a headache in a pinch. hehehe
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote