View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #69
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 269 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
some good stories folks.
My 'childhood' memories all occurred while I lived in N.J.
In an absolutely freakin' incredible neighborhood. Lived at the top of this hill in a cul-de-sac.. house backed up to some federal forest land. deep into the forest was a lake. My parents knew absolutely everybody on the block, and they all had kids as well.. and I knew them all.

summers were spent playing stick-ball in the cul-de-sac, a few home runs went through MY living room window. Winters filled with playing football in some DEEP snow. And ice-skating on area lakes and swamps. we all rode skateboards down the hills, (during the FIRST wave of skateboarding LOL)

Games of hide-and-seek stretched the whole block. nights chasing and collecting fire-flys. Block parties with all the neighbors.

I remember my parents would have like these "gin" parties, playin' cards with the neighbors.. when this would happen, it was "fend" for your self for me and my older brothers.. all stuck "upstairs" LOL

Got my first dog when I was in the first grade, a Norwegian Elkhound mix. I remember when he was a few years old, he took to escaping from the back yard, he would make the trip up to my school, there waiting on me to exit school for the day, we would make the walk home together.

Played on many a baseball team as a kid.. rode our bicycles all over freakin' town. As an 8 year old, we had all the freedom in the world.. playin' in the woods, building tree forts. In the winter time.. it was turned into a WINTER WONDERLAND.. all sorts of hills for sleigh rides, and tobaggon rides.. Free to go where we wanted, do want we wanted.. come dinner time.. just had to be sure to be within distance of my old man's Whistle call.. which ranged a good block.. just had to make sure come dinner and he called, we better show up home soon

And then the summer of '76.. met Mary.. ahhh.. Mary.. that's another story. LOL

Happy Turkey day everybody.