View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #19
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
This country was founded on Christian principals and by Christians. Christianity is not a religion but a reality. England had a state run religion but American has many religions and religious freedom but most all of them where Christian in origin now days the melting pot has brought with it other religions but that was not how this country was founded.
Isaac
Let's talk history:
http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3607

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Historically speaking, the country wasn't officially founded until the signing of the Declaration of Independance. The 55 men who took part in this act of treason against the British did not do so as Christians, they did so in a patriotic sense. However, if you want to bring religion into the picture, I can point out that 9 of the 55 signers of the Declaration were, in fact, Freemasons. Among them included Benjamin Franklin and Jon Hancock.

Whether or not you consider Freemasonry a religion is still open to debate today. Officially, the Masons do not consider themselves a religion, but it has been said that one cannot be a devout Christian and an informed Mason at the same time as their principles will clash. Masons, officially speaking, acknowledge all religious traditions and do not try to favor any one specific practice. This is why the manuals of every major religion are found on the podium at most major Mason lodges.

In addition to this, I also happen to know that the Statue of Liberty, despite being a gift from France, is actually a depiction of the Roman Goddess Libertas, from whom we get the word "liberty." With this in mind, you begin to see that this country was not founded solely on Christian principles and not solely by Christians. America was, and is, a country of numerous different races, religions, and diversities. We are brought together not by our differences, but by what we have in common: the ground we all tread on.
Your response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Saxxon
Sounds like AnimeSpirit has been to visit the Oracle

Good post Mr. Spirit. This is the mixing bowl and there where natives here when the English got here and other ethnos peoples. Some might say Clovis Man what ever the case you have a very good point with your post. Christianity was sent to the lost tribes as a blessing and every where It went blessings came with It. When I say Christianity I do not mean churches and religion which are part of the man made construct. Thank you for you post
Isaac
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote