View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Our country was founded with this motto

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>I see by your (admittedly lame) comment about "In God we Trust" you must be of the anti Christian group that would like to see America striped of God.

I am not, I just think that's not a very good motto for our country. Our country isn't unique for its trust of God, it's unique for many other things. We fought a war to get out from under the thumb of England, a country with a state religion. England created that religion to get away from the influence of Rome. Trusting God is something all of these governments have claimed to do.

Our motto should mention freedom or equality of opportunity. We don't have a state religion so our motto should be secular.
"In God We Trust" is the very foundation of this country. The Ten Commandments and the Bible are not state sponsored religion but the very truth of how this great nation became the super power it is. No one will address the decline in scores and increase in crime about the time it was decided to remove God from our system of government. The dirty work of the ACLU has come to fruit and we just do not know how are why are kids are killing each other and STD's are so rampant ? There is a note on most calendars called B.C. and A.D. that make a very strong statement !

Anno Domini (Latin : "In the year of (Our) Lord"[1]), abbreviated as AD, defines an epoch based on the traditionally reckoned year of the conception or birth of Jesus of Nazareth. AD is also an abbreviation for Christian Era.[2] Similarly, Before Christ (from the Ancient Greek "Christos" or "Anointed One", referring to Jesus), abbreviated as BC, is used in the English language to denote years before the start of this epoch.

Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote