View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #54
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Of course it was his own fault. Just like if you get mugged walking down a dark ally at midnight THAT would be your fault too.

Just because the teacher has every legal right to express his religious beliefs, that doesn't make his classroom the proper place to express them. HOWEVER, the mistake on part of the teacher doesn't justify the ILLEGAL act of violence perpetrated by the Marine. If he found the teachers actions offensive, he could have spoken up, left the classroom, even filed a grievance with the department head (remember, separation of church and state?). Instead he chose to use violence.
I understand your point, however I do not think that if someone drives to a hospital at night and is mugged in a dark alley or parking lot or whatever at midnight, that would be his fault. If he was walking into a bar and he was mugged in an alley or parking lot, I still don't think that would be his fault. Now if he was walking into a crackhouse, then OK, you got me!