View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #12
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Ya always hear about how "rare" it is for an airplane to crash. Yeah yeah, I know...its all relative. But I dont think a damn day goes by that we dont hear about an airplane crashing SOMEWHERE on the globe. And the number of folks that "buy it" when a plane goes down sorta shakes out...sure, theres umpteen car accidents every day, but youre talking about one or two folks per accident, whereas when a plane crashes it might be carrying 200 people...and that plane carrying 200 souls might just land on top of a school full of kids or something. And now the chances are about even that you'll end up on the flight with the hijackers on board...or there'll be some guy on the ground with a Stinger shooting at ya....Theres just a higher body-count potential... Hell I dont know.
That is exactly how I feel, you will loose 200 or 100 or whatever is on board to a crash vs 1-2 people in a car crash. The one guy that survived this crash I feel for him but at the same time I am happy he did make it out alive.

it's just scary to fly period you just never know when it's your time and I don't want to leave any quicker than I have to.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote