View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #13
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 220 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You where against President Bush in the last election Isabella. I am for finishing the job too but with the Democrats doing their best to hog tie President Bush it is going to be very hard to get done.
Isaac
Seems Bush had plenty of time to "GET THE JOB DONE", seems he even claimed it was done at some point with his "Mission Accomplished" publicity stunt. Anyways, like I've said a few times here before, this thought of getting the job "done" we've been there a LONG TIME. It is next to impossible for any invading force to take control of another country. I mean we can BOMB them into the stone age, we can destroy their infrastructure. Remove their ability to MAKE war. But once you simply SET yourself in that country, and you aren't fighting against 'armies' anymore, but 'insurgents', it's a no-win situation. This has been repeated time and time again through history. The first Bush new this.

I'm all for a strong military. I agree Iran is a bigger problem than Iraq is. Those people in Iraq either want freedom or they don't. And Look if we want the damn oil in Iraq, then heck, lets get right down to it, lets just take control of the place, call it NEW TEXAS or something. and Arrest EVERYONE. But as long as U.S. soldiers are over there playing local "police", there will be a high price to pay.

you know, the more I think about it, the more I like this idea.. will call it New Texas, import some Armidillos over there.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote