View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #21
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 296 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I am so happy to know you have a warm fuzzy Sal. Must be the bleeding heart in you that keeps you so warm. Have a wife or children ? How would you feel if someone killed one of them by bashing their head in ? Would you feel compassion for the poooooooooooooor murderer ? The compassion is for the family of the victim not the sorry bastard that killed their family member. I am sure you feel different than I do and in America we call that choice. In the Bible it is called choice and it yours to make.
yes as Christians we should feel great compassion for this person in jail for murder. I wish the whole thing didn't happen to begin with. But it did happen, and Christians should pray for his soul that it be forgiven and saved. His life on earth hasn't necessarily been wasted in prison. Who did Jesus hang with? Kings and politicians? or the downtrodden seeking spiritual nourishment? Perhaps this person can save others who went down the same path. Prisoners should be treated with compassion and decency and not tortured or spit upon like 2000 years ago. (and even in some parts of the world today) I hope he is comfortable and fed well and able to help other inmates to feel the same.

But mankind and society also has its laws and murder is right up top of the bad list. I would agree to letting out white collar criminals or drug criminals before freeing murderers who may have turned their lives around while in prison. I'd even agree to let Edwards out first.

But compassion doesn't stop with the inmate. I also have compassion towards wouldbe victims. The loss of an innocent relative is undescribable. I pray no one ever has to experience a sudden death to a family member. And how about the inmates compassion towards his role as a convicted murderer in society? Surely he doesn't want all such inmates to be released? Just himself right? Or does he?

Now if it is proven that he physically cannot commit another murder or violent act, due to a physical illness or stroke, etc., then sure let him out. But as long as he is capable of murder, I see no reason to erase all the work of the court system, prosecuters, judges, juries, evidence, sentencing, etc. that work so hard to deter crime and maintain relative peace in society.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote