View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Ehh, I'm OK with releasing 73 year old inmates. Keeps us from having to pay for their housing and medical care in what is sure to me the most expensive stage of their lives. Medicare is cheaper than prison.
I'm not OK with it. My uncle was shot dead, and in order to avoid the death penalty, the murderer plea bargained for life without parole. I understand that this was to save money of a trial and execution which can cost more than life in prison. Either way he won't be able to repeat the crime.

The thought of Blanco releasing such a murderer chills my blood. Nobody is above our justice system, especially a governer or president. You really get to know what a politician is really made of during their last few days in office.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote