View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #52
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 296 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
When some idiot gives one to someone else and it causes a problem/liability, like in this case.

Which do you think is a better policy, one that spells out individual drugs by chemical formula/brand name, detailing which are allowed by whom and under what circumstances, or one that says "no drugs, period?" especially when there is no upside to allowing any.
So children who really need medicines shouldn't go to school? I think the distinction between legal and illegal is good enough without detailing chemical formulas. It would be up to the student to prove the medicine he/she is taking is legally perscribed by a doctor for that person or not. Clearly if another student stole some medicine then that does not meet the criteria and THAT person should be punished. Or maybe the school should keep any and all drugs in their possession and when students needs to take their meds, they go to the office to do so. My point is that some people need medicine and some of those are in school. Do schools really have a zero tolerance policy on drugs at school, or just a zero tolerance on students possessing drugs at school? I really don't know.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote