View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #43
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 269 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I didn't realize this.. but what is really going to do this girl in.. is the fact that another student got a hold of one of the midols. Regardless of whether or not she gave it to the other student, or the other student simply "took it" from her.

Other than that.. I do have a problem with these "absolute" rules. you're telling me.. for example, a straight A student. comes to school with an aspirin , they could get expelled.. I just don't see that being in the best interest of the student.

If it's happened multiple times.. or they are "handing out" pills.. then sure, that's a problem.

They have another rule, a kid gets in a fight, they get suspended.. PERIOD. My oldest son.. who is neither big, nor a bully, nor does he have a temper, and who KNOWS not to get in fights.. has had on an occasion to DEFEND himself... witnessed by multiple eye witnesses.. still got suspended. I mean, what is a father to do.. I couldn't even get mad at him.. even the principal said he didn't start it. But if some other kid is going to start throwing punches.. I can't with a straight face tell my kid to take off RUNNING to go TELL .. you know what I mean ??
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote