Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hobbies & Crafts (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Are your pets like your children (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044)

Isaac-Saxxon 09-24-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 21624)
Maybe the question should read are YOU like your pet???:laugh:

rhertz do you have a special pillow you like :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 10-04-2007 02:12 PM

On a lighter note if these two can get along then......

4 Attachment(s)
:D:D:D ;) The boys will be boys and the girls well they will be what ever they choose. :peace:

Attachment 1534

Attachment 1535

Attachment 1536

Attachment 1537

Pocahontas 10-04-2007 04:17 PM

Well isn't that adorable? Dogs are some awesome creatures for sure!:)

Texasbelle 10-04-2007 04:47 PM

Hey Latenight...what would Taz say about a bear showing up in his back yard??????

LateNight 10-04-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 22166)
Hey Latenight...what would Taz say about a bear showing up in his back yard??????

She has different howls, and welcome barks for different people.. for strangers.. and I think a bear would fit that description, sets off her car alarm bark.. it's the strangest thing, but when she does that, I know for a fact, strangers are approaching the house.

rhertz 10-04-2007 06:24 PM

Da Pug gets along with EVERYBODY! She don't know no better.... :D

Texasbelle 10-04-2007 07:03 PM

What good is a dog that doesn't alert you to strangers near the house?

vixweb 10-04-2007 07:25 PM

My pitbull NEVER shuts up, but he Loves everybody! At least he looks scary:laugh::laugh:

rhertz 10-04-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 22178)
What good is a dog that doesn't alert you to strangers near the house?

She's a "companion dog". My wife calls her a "lap dog". She knows nothing but love. She alerts me to strange dogs barking on TV and that's about it. Himalayan Monks used to keep Pugs 1000's of years ago and you know how peaceful Monks are. But now that I think about it, she makes a little fuss when the doorbell rings.... :D

rhertz 10-04-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 22181)
My pitbull NEVER shuts up, but he Loves everybody! At least he looks scary:laugh::laugh:

I've never really met a pitbull, but I like English Bulldogs which are sort of like king sized pugs only weirder... I also like dachounds and I guess border collies are ok... :ducking: I used to have a regular collie growing up.

I kinda want a Japanese Chin but I'm done with longhairs...
http://www.dogsindepth.com/toy_dog_b...nese_chin.html

Texasbelle 10-04-2007 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Border Collies are over rated! They don't even guard their owner when strange dogs are around.

Attachment 1538This girl makes some noise when stranger danger is lurking!

vixweb 10-04-2007 07:42 PM

What most people dont know about pitbulls is that they are VERY affectionate. They need lots of attention and they want to be as close to you as possible. Mine is not allowed in the bed, but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and he's snuck up on the foot of the bed:laugh:. Of course, as soon as I realize this, he's down like it never happened! I laugh at him alot, but I think he'll be the last large dog I have for a while...:D

Isaac-Saxxon 10-04-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 22186)
Border Collies are over rated! They don't even guard their owner when strange dogs are around.

Attachment 1538This girl makes some noise when stranger danger is lurking!

Is that a dog or a rat in that photo ? :laugh::laugh: Border Collies as we all know rank number ONE ! Jealous Tbelle :nono:

rhertz 10-04-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 22187)
What most people dont know about pitbulls is that they are VERY affectionate. They need lots of attention and they want to be as close to you as possible. Mine is not allowed in the bed, but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and he's snuck up on the foot of the bed:laugh:. Of course, as soon as I realize this, he's down like it never happened! I laugh at him alot, but I think he'll be the last large dog I have for a while...:D

Some dogs have bad raps. I knew someone with a Chow Chow and they are often seen as mean dogs, but they do attach themselves to their owner and are very loyal, at least to the owner. :D

Texasbelle 10-05-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 22190)
Is that a dog or a rat in that photo ? :laugh::laugh: Border Collies as we all know rank number ONE ! Jealous Tbelle :nono:

Jealous of a dog that only focuses on a bouncing ball???NOT. Of course that ball and dog do know how to beat an owner up, don't they Isaac????:laugh: