Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   SBLive! Anime (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Inuyasha Begins Anew (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588)

AnimeSpirit 01-04-2007 09:15 AM

Inuyasha Begins Anew

For the anime fans out there, you may be happy to know that Cartoon Network has begun the Inuyasha series from the beginning again. On top of this, they seem to be showing 2 episodes a night. Inyasha is such an ungodly long series that I can barely remember seeing the beginning of it.

In last night's episode, Sesshomaru was introduced and Inuyasha found the Tetsusaiga at his father's grave. Tonight's episode will be Inuyasha's first battle with Tetsusaiga against Sesshomaru. Don't miss it, even if you have seen it before!

BrainSmashR 02-15-2007 05:52 AM

Probably my all-time favorite, but it doesn't come on until...what 11:30 or 12?

Tough for me to catch that when I clock in @ 7:30am.

AnimeSpirit 02-15-2007 09:38 AM

Confidentially, I often stay up to watch it despite work the next day. :p It's a great anime, but LONG.

Rough Rider 02-15-2007 09:46 AM

TIVO. repeat after me TIVO :)
Watch what you want WHEN you want.

Of course I'm sure I won't be recording any anime, but to each his own.

AnimeSpirit 02-15-2007 09:54 AM

I don't mind recording my shows, but I always have this nagging feeling that I don't feel like watching them after I have them on tape. :p

Rough Rider 02-15-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I don't mind recording my shows, but I always have this nagging feeling that I don't feel like watching them after I have them on tape. :p

Tape is for losers :D TIVO or DVR is where it's at. I had a VCR for years, I never ever recorded anything, ever.

AnimeSpirit 02-15-2007 10:02 AM

I've heard of TIVO, but never really seen one in action. It sounds really cutting edge.

Rough Rider 02-15-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

I've heard of TIVO, but never really seen one in action. It sounds really cutting edge.

I held out for awhile, but as they say, it will change the way you watch t.v. and you'll wonder how you ever got along with out it.

joepole 02-15-2007 10:48 AM

Tivo has ruined me fore regular TV. It infuriates me to have to watch what is on at that exact moment (how dumb is that?) or to have to watch commercials.

AnimeSpirit 02-15-2007 02:09 PM

Lol! Maybe I need to look into that then. Do they get a lot of channels? I'm obviously a Cartoon Network fan.

LateNight 02-15-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
Tivo has ruined me fore regular TV. It infuriates me to have to watch what is on at that exact moment (how dumb is that?) or to have to watch commercials.

LOL I know what you mean. I'm the say way, at our house we practically record everything on TIVO we plan to watch, even if the show is just coming on t.v... we'll let TIVO capture it for at least 15 minutes or so, so we can fast forward past the commercials :)

Quote:

Lol! Maybe I need to look into that then. Do they get a lot of channels? I'm obviously a Cartoon Network fan.

Whether it's a Tivo or a DVR, it's got nothing to do with channels.. that is dependent on your Cable, Satellite provider.

AnimeSpirit 02-15-2007 02:46 PM

Seriously? That's awesome.

joepole 02-15-2007 03:35 PM

There is almost as much difference between a Tivo-branded DVR and a "store brand" as there is between a store brand and nothing at all. The Tivo folks have it figured out and the off-brand cable-company-provided DVRs are, without exception, hunks of crap in comparison.

BrainSmashR 02-15-2007 04:12 PM

Do you have to subscribe to a service, or is TIVO just a machine like the DVR?

AnimeSpirit 02-15-2007 04:13 PM

Never had a DVR, but I gotta start checking into this stuff.

Anywho, back on topic. I watched Inyasha last night. Adult Swim had the two episodes where Inuyasha battled Ryukotsusei, the dragon demon that defeated Inuyasha's father. Actually Inuyasha's father, Inutaisho, won that battle, but the wound Ryukotsusei gave him during that fight later killed him, or so says Myoga. That series of events is covered in one of the movies. I never get tired of watching Inuyasha use the Backlash Wave for the first time. He totally ripped Ryukotsusei with it.