Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LSU-Ohio State: BCS means ‘Best Choice Seat$’ (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3360)

sbl_admin 01-04-2008 06:31 PM

LSU-Ohio State: BCS means ‘Best Choice Seat$’

LSU-Ohio State: BCS means ‘Best Choice Seat$’
National Championship Game: Monday, January 7th, 7pm (cst) on FOX

By: Tom Pace, Executive Editor, SBLive!
January 4th, 2008

It’s BCS Weekend! Finally, after a long lay-off for both #1 Ohio State, and #2 LSU, the National Bowl Championship Game-Day Clock is ticking down to 7pm (cst) Monday, January 7th, on the FOX Network.

So, here’s the $64 Million Dollar Question: “Who’s going to be the winner?”
The answer: probably, the FOX network, the scalpers (who are charging outrageous$ ticket price$), the City of New Orleans (still on the mend), and, the alumni and fans of the Tigers and the Buckeyes.

Which college wins ‘on the scoreboard’? Depends on who you ask. Many will say
Ohio State is gunning for the Bayou Bengals, since they (OSU) were upset by Florida last year 41-14…that this year, the Buckeyes will come away with the victory. Others will be quick to point out that Ohio State has had the longest lay-off, and will be the most rusty, since their last game was back on November 17th (a 14-3 OSU win over #23 Michigan).

Of course, here’s the glaring fact: One team (Ohio State) is 11-1…while their opponent (LSU) is 11-2. Many will contend it should have been a battle of the unbeatens for the National Championship…however, just take look at Hawaii, getting pasted by Georgia.

Seems like LSU might have the edge…what with that big win in the SEC Championship: their 21-14 victory over #14 Tennessee back on December 1st, in the Georgia Dome.
Will Jacob Hester be at full strength? What about Glenn Dorsey, Early Doucet, and Ryan Perrilloux, and Matt Flynn? The game just might come down on the toe of LSU kicker Colt David.

Les Miles appears to be ready for this one, what with a series of almost-losses in the season…4th down calls, and the like. It’s more like a ‘home-game’ for the Tigers,
being played in the Superdome in “The Big Easy’. Remember, it was the same Sugar Bowl on Sunday, January 4th, 2003, where then-LSU Coach Nick Saban notched The Tigers National Championship win over #1 Ranked Oklahoma 21-14.

Oh remember, Les Miles is originally from Ohio…but, I believe he’s a committed Cajun, now. (By the way, my prediction: LSU 35 – Ohio State 28) Geaux Tigers!!

***A footnote: a rather un-scientific poll has been underway on www.shreveport.com asking “Do you think LSU will beat Ohio State in the BCS Championship”
As of today, Friday, January 4th, 2008, here are the results:
71% vote Yes (LSU will win) 21% say No (LSU will lose) and 5% Don’t Know.
If you’ve not voted, please log on & do so, before game time 7pm on January 7th.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/ima...ecfffc8d84.jpg

Isaac-Saxxon 01-04-2008 07:03 PM

Could it be another triple overtime ? Bring your heart medicine you just might need it. :eek::eek::eek: SEC at stake here :pray:

Texasbelle 01-04-2008 09:41 PM

Who is going to the game????? We leave for New Orleans in the morning!!!!!

purpahurl 01-04-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 27268)
Who is going to the game????? We leave for New Orleans in the morning!!!!!

Me and Mrs. Hurl are leaving Sunday. We have tickets to see Better Than Ezra Sun. Night for a pregame rally. Mrs. Hurl is quite excited.

TAF is having a party on Camp St. from 3-5 before the game. Food drink whatever.

I have one problem, Academy Sports is already to sell LSU BCS Champ stuff. It is on the news. Ohio State doesn't need any more incentive to try and win this game.

Regardless it is going to be a damn good time!

Geaux Tigers!!!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 01-05-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 27270)
Me and Mrs. Hurl are leaving Sunday. We have tickets to see Better Than Ezra Sun. Night for a pregame rally. Mrs. Hurl is quite excited.

TAF is having a party on Camp St. from 3-5 before the game. Food drink whatever.

I have one problem, Academy Sports is already to sell LSU BCS Champ stuff. It is on the news. Ohio State doesn't need any more incentive to try and win this game.

Regardless it is going to be a damn good time!

Geaux Tigers!!!!!

I wounder if Academy Sports will have a sale on LSU stuff Tuesday :laugh: