Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Business (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Imus May Sue (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328)

sbl_admin 05-03-2007 07:52 AM

Imus May Sue

Former radio talk show host Don Imus has hired one of the country's top trial lawyers to sue CBS Radio following his dismissal last month for making racial and sexual on-air comments about members of the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

joepole 05-03-2007 08:32 AM

There is no way he could win money from anyone unless he had some strange contract that specifically mentioned a scenario like this.

He wasn't fired for what he said, he was fired for failing to continue to bring in advertisers. Even if he was fired for what he said, so what? CBS owns its radio stations it can decide what and whom it puts on them.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-03-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
There is no way he could win money from anyone unless he had some strange contract that specifically mentioned a scenario like this.

He wasn't fired for what he said, he was fired for failing to continue to bring in advertisers. Even if he was fired for what he said, so what? CBS owns its radio stations it can decide what and whom it puts on them.

What I have seen on the news he is claiming that he had it in his contract to be warned about comments before he was fired ? Sounds like the lawyers will be the big winners here. Nothing new about that :rolleyes:

sassy1 05-03-2007 12:47 PM

This is one example of what's become so twisted with America...People are so scared to open their mouth for fear of being "politically incorrect." He should of said "sc**w you it was just a joke (afterall, he's a shock jock - that's what he does). Instead he apologized and was immediately outcast. People need to lighten-up. You can't even call someone "black" these days...instead the term "African-American" is used. Hello...they are not from Africa. So am I a German-American because my ancestors are from Germany? GMAB

Isaac-Saxxon 05-03-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassy1
This is one example of what's become so twisted with America...People are so scared to open their mouth for fear of being "politically incorrect." He should of said "sc**w you it was just a joke (afterall, he's a shock jock - that's what he does). Instead he apologized and was immediately outcast. People need to lighten-up. You can't even call someone "black" these days...instead the term "African-American" is used. Hello...they are not from Africa. So am I a German-American because my ancestors are from Germany? GMAB

The vote is so close in this country that the politicians must have that 17% or what ever the black vote is to get in office. This is why the squeaky wheel is always getting the grease. Can anybody guess who the vast majority of blacks vote for ? :think:

Al Swearengen 05-03-2007 08:06 PM

Never cared too much for Imus...but the PC garbage has to stop. And I agree with Joe, they can fire anyone they damn well want.

rhertz 05-03-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Never cared too much for Imus...but the PC garbage has to stop. And I agree with Joe, they can fire anyone they damn well want.

I couldn't agree more. I hate to make a "me too" post, but I have nothing else to add. :D