Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana Outdoors (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   So easy A 7 yr old can do it (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2846)

Blue State Bred 10-22-2007 04:36 PM

So easy A 7 yr old can do it
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here you go Isaac...

Here's a picture of my seven year old son Chase with his first Buck.
Six point that weighed 183 dressed and 225 live weight. Shot with a crossbow at 23yds. Some of us northern boys start young too....:D

piemaker720 10-22-2007 05:11 PM

:clapbig: Way to go Chase! :arrow: :yes::clapbig:

Isaac-Saxxon 10-22-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue State Bred (Post 23207)
Here you go Isaac...

Here's a picture of my seven year old son Chase with his first Buck.
Six point that weighed 183 dressed and 225 live weight. Shot with a crossbow at 23yds. Some of us northern boys start young too....:D

Hey Chase that rocks buddy :footballsmiley: I was 15 before I made my first kill. Nothing like the first time. Congratulation to the guide too I think he may just have had more fun than Chase if that be possible. I think the guide got to relive his first kill too ;) That is one large Pennsylvania buck. Blue State Bred :cool:

Blue State Bred 10-23-2007 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another picture that gives a better idea of the size of the deer Chase shot. Of course, its two weeks before it was killed.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-24-2007 08:18 AM

Deer season opens this Saturday Oct 27th and I hope I have some photos to post to this thread. The trail cams have really changed deer hunting. Great photos.

Blue State Bred 10-24-2007 11:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
GUNS?????

We'll still be slinging sticks with blades until Nov 26th......:arrow:

Here's another trail cam shot and one of a proud dad...

Isaac-Saxxon 10-25-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue State Bred (Post 23343)
GUNS?????

We'll still be slinging sticks with blades until Nov 26th......:arrow:

Here's another trail cam shot and one of a proud dad...

I think the guide is much happier than the young hunter. :D ;)

Blue State Bred 10-25-2007 03:13 PM

More proud definitely... Happier... Not so sure... Its pretty bad when a seven year old is talking trash be cause he killed his and I haven't yet...:rolleyes:

We took it to the taxidermist Tuesday night and while I'm still proud... My wallets a bit thinner. I guess that's something you'd know about after this weekend, wouldn't ya Isaac???

Isaac-Saxxon 10-25-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue State Bred (Post 23435)
More proud definitely... Happier... Not so sure... Its pretty bad when a seven year old is talking trash be cause he killed his and I haven't yet...:rolleyes:

We took it to the taxidermist Tuesday night and while I'm still proud... My wallets a bit thinner. I guess that's something you'd know about after this weekend, wouldn't ya Isaac???

Isaac has yet to see what this season has to offer. It was late Nov last year before the killing field started to yield her bounty. How much for a deer head to be hung on the wall ?

Blue State Bred 10-25-2007 03:59 PM

$575.... I did get it in to a guy that only takes 15 or so a year. He's won a master's of the world title. He's a little more than other's locally but not much. The difference in the quality is stunning. I think you can see some of his work online if you search for Lou Gagliano.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-25-2007 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue State Bred (Post 23439)
$575.... I did get it in to a guy that only takes 15 or so a year. He's won a master's of the world title. He's a little more than other's locally but not much. The difference in the quality is stunning. I think you can see some of his work online if you search for Lou Gagliano.

It cost me 350.00 last year and he did a very nice job. I guess everything cost more in a blue state :laugh:
Attachment 1680
come here deer :confused:

rhertz 10-25-2007 08:54 PM

I'm not a deer hunter, but I do receive the occational backstrap from a friend or two. Smoked to perfection, tenderloin is hard to beat... :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com