Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bossier Businesses Call for Sunday Wine Sales (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3218)

sbl_admin 12-10-2007 10:19 AM

Bossier Businesses Call for Sunday Wine Sales

Some Bossier businesses are calling for Sunday wine sales to better compete with Shreveport businesses

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/ima...d66f7e6d89.jpg

joepole 12-10-2007 11:55 AM

But that's the Lord's day! We should base our legislation around God's schedule!

Isaac-Saxxon 12-10-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 26339)
But that's the Lord's day! We should base our legislation around God's schedule!

Oh now JP do you have a xmas tree for you kids ? We like our wine on Sunday in Bossier. The first miracle Christ performed was to change water to wine at the wedding feast. What is your drink of choice ? Old English 800 :cool:

Pocahontas 12-10-2007 05:52 PM

Thank the Lord for wine!! It'll be so nice not having to drive over the bridge for wine on Sunday. It has hurt BC grocery stores I'm sure! About time!:D

rhertz 12-10-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 26353)
Thank the Lord for wine!!

Amen Sister.... And Sake (rice wine) too! :D

sbl_admin 12-18-2007 04:24 PM

Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

Shreveport Times -- Dec 18 2007 4:24 PM
UPDATE: Bossier council OKs new water rates, Sunday sales

Pocahontas 12-18-2007 06:15 PM

So glad the Sunday wine sales passed! :) Not so happy about the rise in water and sewerage rates. Our water bill is already astronomical like $80-100 a month! Anybody elses that high?:o

rhertz 12-19-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 26707)
So glad the Sunday wine sales passed! :) Not so happy about the rise in water and sewerage rates. Our water bill is already astronomical like $80-100 a month! Anybody elses that high?:o

My water bill is $150 to $200 in Shreveport. Back in college my apartment rent was $275 and that included water and electricity! My property taxes are over $300/mo for a mid-sized home nowadays. (with homestead exemption)

What is funny is that politicians and media always quote inflation at 1 or 2% per year. Prices have doubled in the last 15 years easy..... I'd say that year in and year out, it is more like 5% depending on if you buy gas and health insurance and home insurance and medical insurance and stuff like that. Many of my bills have gone up 10% or more each year. How can they say inflation is 2% per year? LOL

Al Swearengen 12-19-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26355)
Amen Sister.... And Sake (rice wine) too! :D

Per "Three Sheets", Sake is actually "rice beer"!

rhertz 12-19-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 26778)
Per "Three Sheets", Sake is actually "rice beer"!

I figured it was more like wine since it isn't bubbly (carbonated) like beer... But I like beer more than wine so maybe I'll look at sake as rice beer. :D

Al Swearengen 12-19-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26779)
I figured it was more like wine since it isn't bubbly (carbonated) like beer... But I like beer more than wine so maybe I'll look at sake as rice beer. :D

Right. But there are sakes that are carbonated. Been years since I had any, but if memory serves it was pretty damn good. And if ya havent heard of the show "Three Sheets" with host Zane Lamprey on the MOJO channel, you're missin out. Set your Tivos and DVRs to record it, its a hoot.

rhertz 12-20-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 26780)
Right. But there are sakes that are carbonated. Been years since I had any, but if memory serves it was pretty damn good. And if ya havent heard of the show "Three Sheets" with host Zane Lamprey on the MOJO channel, you're missin out. Set your Tivos and DVRs to record it, its a hoot.

Interesting... I will have to investigate carbonated sake. I'm guess this would be like "rice champagne"? What's the MOJO channel?

LateNight 12-21-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26832)
Interesting... I will have to investigate carbonated sake. I'm guess this would be like "rice champagne"? What's the MOJO channel?

The MOJO channel is when you channel your mojo through the wysiwyg out through the ..

uhh

I need to wake up. :cool:

TGIF