Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   CookBookin (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Do you have old cookbooks(before 1940's) that you are interested in selling? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254)

Bubba McMillian 09-11-2006 09:51 AM

Interested in selling pre-1940 cookbooks?

If you have any old cookbooks that you might be interested in selling please let me know.
I am interested in cookbooks prior to the 1940's that are in excellent to mint condition.
I would also be interested in any old Jell-O cookbooks prior to the 1920's.
Thanks you for your interest.

buzzyboy 09-19-2006 04:07 PM

Test Post

I am learning how to use the sight.

I have heard you talk about jello books. Expound please.:D

Bubba McMillian 09-25-2006 11:51 AM

Jello Cookbooks

I have a pretty substanial collection of jello cookbooks. You can go to the cookbookin group and look at the photos under Jell-O cookbooks to see some of the books I have collected over the years.
I would be glad to answer any further questions if I can.
I might be interested in purchasing these type of book if you have any - send me a picture or give me some particulars about what you have available.
Thanks,
Bubba McMillian

Buck The Big Man 11-11-2006 07:39 PM

Eh.... What's cookin Doc?

Nope, I have a few of that vintage, but I'm not interested in letting them go though.:p
I do however, if you're interested have a few electronic editions of old cookbooks, and housekeeping tips that date from between the 1800's to about 1934. All are in the public domain, and may be freely distributed.
I will be glad to share any of them with anyone who is interested.

Bubba McMillian 11-16-2006 02:12 PM

Join the Cookbookin Group

electronic editions of old cookbooks, and housekeeping tips that date from between the 1800's to about 1934

Buck,
It would be great if you could join the Cookbookin Group and post your electronic versions of cookbooks and housekeeping tips on the site.
Thanks,
Bubba

Al Swearengen 11-16-2006 08:37 PM

Bubba, you've reminded me of the ancient Betty Crocker cookbooks my mother kept in the cabinet above the stove. Those things, along with so many other treasures, were sold at the estate sale when my father passed away. What a unique and worthwhile hobby you have! I'll keep my eyes peeled for them, and I'll let my wife know to do the same when she goes to garage and yard sales.

Bubba McMillian 11-17-2006 07:34 AM

Cookbooks

Al,
I appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing what you might run across. There are still lots of old cookbooks sitting on our mothers and grandmothers shelves or somewhere.
Thanks for the comment.

Buck The Big Man 11-24-2006 03:35 PM

I'd be glad to post'em Bubba, if y'all can tell me how. I've tried twice now, and there seem to be no place for text files. I will be glad to post as either .pdf, or .doc if you'll tell me how to get those particular ones here. Remember, these are full books, not just a few recipes. I keep running out of space (10,000 character limit.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba McMillian
Buck,
It would be great if you could join the Cookbookin Group and post your electronic versions of cookbooks and housekeeping tips on the site.
Thanks,
Bubba

Bubba McMillian 12-01-2006 01:01 PM

Posting Your .pdf's or .doc files

Buck,
You can actually upload your file(s) under the thread we are on by going to the bottom under additional options and adding whatever files you want. It might be a good idea to start a new thread and add whatever files you want there. I would suggest you upload one file at a time. Once they are uploaded then you can go to forums under cookbookin under your specific thread and all your files should be there.
Let me know if you have any problems following these instructions or need any more help getting the information onto SBLIVE!
Thanks,
Bubba

Hattie Thomas 12-01-2006 02:08 PM

I would like to talk to youuuuuu

Mr Jello Pudding himself....

http://www.ls.cc.al.us/blackhistory/cosby.gif

Bubba McMillian 12-04-2006 09:23 AM

Talk to me

You can reach me at 841-0198 or 0199 or my cell phone # 214-293-8500.
Thanks,
Bubba

Buck The Big Man 12-11-2006 08:24 PM

Hope everyone is enjoying these old recipes. I can dig up a few others if needs be.

Bubba McMillian 12-12-2006 08:45 AM

Online Cookbooks

Buck,
Any online cookbooks that you have I will be glad to post for you. Just email them to me like before and I will get them posted.
Thanks,
Bubba