Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is 75 MPH Too Fast? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964)

sbl_admin 03-16-2007 08:20 AM

Is 75 MPH Too Fast?

A report from the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development says boosting the speed limit to 75 mph on some interstate highways in the state is a bad idea.

AnimeSpirit 03-16-2007 09:24 AM

That's a tough one. You just about have to boost the speed limit because there are too many cars on the road and it's getting hard to get anywhere. I know I can control my car just fine at 75mph.

396 03-16-2007 04:50 PM

I don't think it's too fast to drive. It might be too fast if you get behind some blue hair doing 45. I pay more attention to what I'm doing when I drive fast. When I'm going slow I want to multi task.

I think 75 is way too fast for trucks to drive. they should lower the limit for them to 65 and make them drive in the right lane only

Isaac-Saxxon 03-16-2007 05:24 PM

I agree with the truck part

Quote:

Originally Posted by 396
I don't think it's too fast to drive. It might be too fast if you get behind some blue hair doing 45. I pay more attention to what I'm doing when I drive fast. When I'm going slow I want to multi task.

I think 75 is way too fast for trucks to drive. they should lower the limit for them to 65 and make them drive in the right lane only

Old people do have their problems too and 75 is just fine with me, it would help those road trips. I agree the trucks need to slow it down, they are very dangerous at high speeds.
Isaac

scarlett 03-16-2007 10:05 PM

Honestly I have a heavy foot always have and no i don't get many speeding tickets. I think the last one was when i had my Saturn SC2 which was 6 yrs ago so I'm doing pretty good w/o getting speeding tickets. I also have a radar in my car so that tends to help also.

I think it should be 80mph minimum i travel at least this if not 85mph. I agree we just have too many people on the roads and there is just always some delay. Heck let us just have an autobahn and that fill fix everything

Isabella 03-16-2007 10:53 PM

I disagree with all of you. It is more dangerous to drive 75 and it uses more fuel. I agree trucks should be limited to 65.

LateNight 03-17-2007 08:38 AM

What ever they set the speed limit too.. I just think they should set the limit on I-49 and I-10 between here and New Orleans to 95 mph and be done with it... that always seems like the longest damn drive. :yes:

Isaac-Saxxon 03-17-2007 08:48 AM

I agree that the speed limit should go up on I-49

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
What ever they set the speed limit too.. I just think they should set the limit on I-49 and I-10 between here and New Orleans to 95 mph and be done with it... that always seems like the longest damn drive. :yes:

Long road trips on interstates should go up. If people would get in the right lane that do not want to go fast it would help. Eighteen wheelers are dangerous and should not go over 75. LN kind of early for you did you go to bed early last night ?
Isaac

LateNight 03-17-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
LN kind of early for you did you go to bed early last night ?
Isaac

If everyone would just stop shouting... Ughhh

:peace:

Isaac-Saxxon 03-17-2007 09:17 AM

I hear you loud and clear

Quote:

My dear wife is still sleeping and loud is not good in the morning. Good morning LN and Sat night is my night for the red wine and a late night. Is the avatar to much my girls where picking at me last night about it ?
Isaac

AnimeSpirit 03-17-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Looks like LN's night for drinking is every Friday.