Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Style & Shopping (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Trying to find a Hair Salon? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2106)

animalsrgodsgifts 07-16-2007 02:46 PM

Trying to find a Hair Salon?
 
I am not real familiar with hair salons in Shreveport. Does anyone know of a great place you can get hair extensions for Caucasian hair?

Isaac-Saxxon 07-16-2007 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You may want to try Escape Salon or Spa Concepts.
Attachment 999
Human hair extensions tend to be the preferred kind of hair extensions because they look and feel a lot more natural.

European hair is very fine and usually unsuitable for use as hair extensions. Chinese hair has round cross section making it incompatible with Caucasian hair used for wigs and toupes. Indian hair is generally used for making human hair extensions. Human hair is grown in the Arctic Circle for hair extensions alone.

Some families grow them specifically to be cut and sold. Such human hair for extensions is never chemically treated and left in virgin state. . Some acrylic hair is being produced in Japan that bears great resemblance to natural hair and costs just half as much as human hair extensions.

For more info please Private Message rhertz :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LateNight 07-16-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrgodsgifts
I am not real familiar with hair salons in Shreveport. Does anyone know of a great place you can get hair extensions for Caucasian hair?

Not sure if they do that kind of thing.. But you could try calling Christy at 797-1125 (I forget the name of the place, Gallery ? Salon ? it's on 70th Street right next door to Shreveport Music) It's a pretty big place, so maybe if she doesn't do that, someone else there does ?

Texasbelle 07-16-2007 04:36 PM

PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEE don't listen to the men!!!:laugh: :laugh: Just kidding but you might want to try Deborah David at True Colors on Line.

joepole 07-16-2007 04:46 PM

Just make sure you pronounce her last name correctly.

dah-VEED

Texasbelle 07-16-2007 08:18 PM

Oh Joe, you know her too????????!!!!!!????? And yes please say her name correctly.

joepole 07-16-2007 09:54 PM

I do. I actually saw her at Strawn's on Sunday.

animalsrgodsgifts 07-17-2007 02:21 AM

Hair Extensions
 
Thanks Everyone, I will check out all those places. If you all think of anymore then let me know. :p

Al Swearengen 07-17-2007 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You may want to try Escape Salon or Spa Concepts.
Attachment 999
Human hair extensions tend to be the preferred kind of hair extensions because they look and feel a lot more natural.

European hair is very fine and usually unsuitable for use as hair extensions. Chinese hair has round cross section making it incompatible with Caucasian hair used for wigs and toupes. Indian hair is generally used for making human hair extensions. Human hair is grown in the Arctic Circle for hair extensions alone.

Some families grow them specifically to be cut and sold. Such human hair for extensions is never chemically treated and left in virgin state. . Some acrylic hair is being produced in Japan that bears great resemblance to natural hair and costs just half as much as human hair extensions.

For more info please Private Message rhertz :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Isaac, you da man! I'm gonna contact Rhertz first thing and get him to hook me up with a Mel Gibson "Braveheart" style weave! :)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
I do. I actually saw her at Strawn's on Sunday.

Small world kids. Joepole and Texasbelle using the same hair salon. Joe do you have hair extensions :laugh: :laugh: I know Texasbelle will never tell her secrets :rolleyes: right white girl ? They say the world is a small place well Shevesville is too.

Texasbelle 07-17-2007 07:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll say this for Joe...he at least has great taste in his choice of hair stylists. No barber for him! You won't see Joe like this:
Attachment 1022

Attachment 1023

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much to do to this hair style right joepyle :rotflol: :w00t:
Attachment 1025

joepole 07-17-2007 03:12 PM

I need a haircut so badly. I usually go to Southfield barber shop, but Mr. Davis isn't there anymore and Kay takes forever because she talks on the phone the whole time. I don't want to find a new barber shop, but I'm looking really shaggy right now.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
I need a haircut so badly. I usually go to Southfield barber shop, but Mr. Davis isn't there anymore and Kay takes forever because she talks on the phone the whole time. I don't want to find a new barber shop, but I'm looking really shaggy right now.

Mr. Glen Davis is now at Fants on Kings Highway and yes Kay is the reason all the customers have quit using that shop. I think Mr. Glen only works a few days each week. I use him or Alan :clap:

Pocahontas 07-17-2007 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1049

Shaggy can be very, very good!!!!:clap: :lovely: :heart:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com