Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   O.J. Simpson thrown out of steakhouse (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1403)

piemaker720 05-10-2007 09:26 AM

O.J. Simpson thrown out of steakhouse

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18562630/

I applaude this owner. I see think OJ is guilty. His lawyer has said the owner messed with the wrong man and they were going after this restraunant's liquor license. The attorney says it was racially motivated, but how could that be when the owner seated Micheal Jordan at the table OJ wanted. OJ get a life [in hiding] would be good.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18562630/

I applaud this owner. I see think OJ is guilty. His lawyer has said the owner messed with the wrong man and they were going after this restaurant's liquor license. The attorney says it was racially motivated, but how could that be when the owner seated Micheal Jordan at the table OJ wanted. OJ get a life [in hiding] would be good.

Don't let that son ***** get near a steak knife :eek: :eek: :eek:

AnimeSpirit 05-10-2007 09:41 AM

That's not going to go far. It obviously wasn't a racial issue, but I hear that resturaunt owner is getting applause from all over to putting OJ out.

Neo 05-10-2007 09:41 AM

The only discrimination I see is against a criminal.

BrainSmashR 05-10-2007 11:54 AM

It most certainly IS discrimination, though not of a racial nature. I doubt the guy kicks ever celebrity out of his restaurant because of the attention they receive, only the one he feels that got away with murder.

However, these laws are 100% BS as far as I'm concerned anyway. The man should have the right to serve whom ever he does or does not wish to serve in his own establishment be it based on skin color, nationality, sex, religion, whatever. Under normal circumstance this type of activity would be harmful to a business by itself, not beneficial, therefore we don't need laws making it illegal....at least where private sector is concerned.

joepole 05-10-2007 11:56 AM

Discrimination is usually a good thing.

rhertz 05-10-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
I doubt the guy kicks ever celebrity out of his restaurant because of the attention they receive, only the one he feels that got away with murder..

Lets not forget that a real jury in a real civil trial felt that way too. But the nail in OJ's coffin was the "If I did it" book deal which is practically a confession, so I might even include OJ himself as having those feelings....

Pocahontas 05-10-2007 02:59 PM

The man should not even be walking the streets he is a murderer! Anyone should be allowed to ask him to leave for making the owners and customers uncomfortable. At least he did get up and leave quietly without calling on Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson!

scarlett 05-10-2007 03:58 PM

What is more messed up is he was found innocent for the Criminal trial but found guilty for the Civil Trial............ go figure:confused:

joepole 05-10-2007 04:06 PM

Why is that messed up?

scarlett 05-10-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
Why is that messed up?

Because I feel he was guilty either way innocent one way, guilty another? He was guilty period!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
Because I feel he was guilty either way innocent one way, guilty another? He was guilty period!

The Juice will kill you every time. I am surprised someone has not taken him out from the Brown family and the Ron Goldman family. :eek: his real trial has not yet happened and Johnny Cockroach will not be there for this one :clap:
Scarlett good to see you on the board ;)

scarlett 05-10-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
The Juice will kill you every time. I am surprised someone has not taken him out from the Brown family and the Ron Goldman family. :eek: his real trial has not yet happened and Johnny Cockroach will not be there for this one :clap:
Scarlett good to see you on the board ;)

If he did that to my sister, i would take him out myself and well the rest is history

Isaac-Saxxon 05-10-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

If he did that to my sister, i would take him out myself and well the rest is history

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great Post :clap:

rhertz 05-10-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

What is more messed up is he was found innocent for the Criminal trial but found guilty for the Civil Trial............ go figure:confused:

IANAL, however I think the criminal trial is based on the concept of "beyond a reasonable doubt" whereas the civil trial is based on the concept of "preponderance of the evidence". So I guess this was a case where there was a preponderance of the evidence but not so much so that it was not beyond a reasonable doubt. Dang I should have listened to my mother and become a lawyer. :D