Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Old Restaurant thread (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729)

Texasbelle 03-23-2007 09:22 AM

I heard the Steakhouse calling me this morning since DD is coming in to town this afternoon from LSU-BR. But she wants to order her first LEGAL drink from Superior Bar and Grill so there we must go this afternoon so the bombshell mini-me can order a margarita!

Have you tried the new Cantina Laredo?

scarlett 03-23-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle

I don't live there anymore so no I haven't. I will eventually visit again so let me know how it is. You and I seem to have very similiar taste in things. :D

joepole 03-23-2007 10:07 AM

I went to lunch at Cantina Laredo a couple of weeks ago with the wife. I think it's the first $50 lunch i ever had in Shreveport. It was pretty good, though.

Texasbelle 03-23-2007 11:11 AM

I agree Joe, it is good but pricey. The margaritas are very, very good. The tableside guacamole is good. Can't remember the entrees I have tried but they were adequate. They serve two sauces with your chips which are both very nice. It's worth a try if you've never been.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-23-2007 11:25 AM

Just where is Cantina Laredo ?

Quote:

I agree Joe, it is good but pricey. The margaritas are very, very good. The tableside guacamole is good. Can't remember the entrees I have tried but they were adequate. They serve two sauces with your chips which are both very nice. It's worth a try if you've never been.

I think I might just take darling out there tonight ! We love that guacamole.
Isaac

Neo 03-23-2007 03:40 PM

sir Isaac, did you notice the matrix is running.:clap:

rhertz 03-23-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

We have been there 3 times. The guac made at the table is awesome. The salsas are hot and good. The kids liked the queso dip all loaded up. But the chicken enchiladas (my usual fav) were not up to par IMHO. But everything else is good. I'm with Joepole, the prices add up quick. I hear it is actually owned by the El Chico corporation. Dunno if that is true or not.

rhertz 03-23-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

They serve two sauces with your chips which are both very nice.

Yeah and one is hot as hell! (just a friendly warning)

Isabella 03-23-2007 11:21 PM

Where is it located?

Isabella 03-23-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
Village and Superior Steakhouse my 2 favorite restaurants in S'port

Where is Village and Bella Fresca? Never heard of either. I do not live in Shreveport, but come about twice a month.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-24-2007 06:18 AM

Twice a month Isabella not is not enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
Where is Village and Bella Fresca? Never heard of either. I do not live in Shreveport, but come about twice a month.

Village and Superior Steakhouse my 2 favorite restaurants in S'port ? I would choose the Village over the Steak House but both are good. If you want to take your time and dine at slow pace the Village if not well you know. Scarlett it would seem you and T-Bell have the same taste :D Isabella you will find Village on LA Ave and Stoner and Steak House on Line and Piermont Ave. The high dollar tex-mex Youree Drive and Gator Drive.
Isaac

Isabella 03-24-2007 08:48 AM

What kind of food at Village? Is it downtown?

Isaac-Saxxon 03-24-2007 10:01 AM

They serve surf and turf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
What kind of food at Village? Is it downtown?

Great steaks, lobster, shrimp and lamb too. It cost about 50 - 60.00 a head and maybe more with adult beverage. I have been there many times and the dress code is in the upper end and service is great. Ask for Phillip he is one of the best. There is Joey, Brian many others. It is about a two hour meal and much fun and no kids. Oh it is located near I-20 and Stoner by the old Doctors Hospital.
Isaac

joepole 03-24-2007 06:31 PM

The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner. I love the food but am genuinely surprised that it's still in business after the Steakhouse opened.

Bella Fresca is the best food in Shreveport. It's on Line Ave next to the old Fertita's (now called something like "The Bistro 6301") just North of Superior bar & Grill (which is just north of Superior's Steakhouse)

Isaac-Saxxon 03-24-2007 08:13 PM

The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner. I love the food but am genuinely surprised that it's still in business after the Steakhouse opened.

Bella Fresca is the best food in Shreveport. It's on Line Ave next to the old Fertita's (now called something like "The Bistro 6301") just North of Superior bar & Grill (which is just north of Superior's Steakhouse)

I agree with the fact that the Steak House hurt them but they have seen many of the locals come back and like any other place they have their regulars and it is small. I am friends with the guys that own it and they say it has picked back up and running well. I do like the Steak house too.
Isaac