Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Style & Shopping (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What new stores are you excited about? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2488)

Pocahontas 08-26-2007 12:51 PM

What new stores are you excited about?

Shreveport and Bossier seem to be booming right now with all kinds of new shops and stores! What stores are you most excited about either already opened or about to be? Come on, guys too, this isn't just about clothes!
I will start by saying though that I'm excited about the new Kohl's and JC Penney's opening soon in Shreveport!:banana:

vixweb 08-26-2007 02:48 PM

Dave & Buster's is finally coming to shv.- maybe we will get a SPEEDZONE !:pray:

guitarman 08-26-2007 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Victoria's Secret :D
Attachment 1402
Amazing how so little can look so nice :eek:

LateNight 08-26-2007 04:27 PM

I've been waiting for any kind of decent stores NORTH of town.. closer to Blanchard.. recently, this has consisted of a new Car Wash, a floor/tile store and a new bank.. BLAH... Always feels like to do any decent grocery shopping, requires a "trip into town, for supplies"

I'd be excited about real grocery store out this way, or a hardware store, or an electronics store. In the mean time, it's a trip down hwy 1 and onto 220, to head towards south shreveport or towards Bossier and Airline drive.

guitarman 08-26-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 20230)
I've been waiting for any kind of decent stores NORTH of town.. closer to Blanchard.. recently, this has consisted of a new Car Wash, a floor/tile store and a new bank.. BLAH... Always feels like to do any decent grocery shopping, requires a "trip into town, for supplies"

I'd be excited about real grocery store out this way, or a hardware store, or an electronics store. In the mean time, it's a trip down hwy 1 and onto 220, to head towards south shreveport or towards Bossier and Airline drive.

Oh how nice it is to live out in the country but ................. long drive to get a cup of ice and your Sunday Whiskey :D

piemaker720 08-26-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 20223)
Dave & Buster's is finally coming to shv.- maybe we will get a SPEEDZONE !:pray:

Where is this store going to be.I went into one in Florida, it was awesome.:D

rhertz 08-26-2007 07:03 PM

My favorite would have to be the Louisiana Boardwalk in general, and Joe's Crab Shack in particular! gotta support those crab fishermen!! ;)

I like this little store at the boarwalk called Old Farmer's Almanac General Store. It has all sorts of "old school" stuff I like.

LateNight 08-26-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman (Post 20231)
Oh how nice it is to live out in the country but ................. long drive to get a cup of ice and your Sunday Whiskey :D

LOL, yes, I enjoy the "country" living, but driving into town for whiskey used to be a pain in the #$$. Not to mention Blanchard is "dry" however, a truck stop type gas station "elsies" opened up a few years back just a few miles away on hyw 1. with a full assortment of whiskeys to choose from. LOUSY beer selection, but I don't drink much beer anyways.

now if they just had a walk in humidor with some good cigars, I'd be all set :)

now is there ANY place in Shreveport/Bossier you can buy whiskey on a SUNDAY ?? whiskey night is usually Friday Night around here.. every now and again it might be saturday.. but never Sunday.. unless of course monday is holiday ;)

:cool:

Pocahontas 08-26-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman (Post 20228)
Victoria's Secret :D
Attachment 1402
Amazing how so little can look so nice :eek:

Do you shop there often?;):laugh:

Isabella 08-27-2007 12:03 AM

I am excited about JC Penney's. I hate the Bossier Mall and never go there, so I have to order towels, etc. over the phone. It will be nice to see merchandise in person. Can Shreveport support all those new stores? How is the Boardwalk doing? I was out Ellerbe Road and Norris Ferry Road the other day. Nice homes out there. Is that a good place to live? One day, I may want to build out there. It will be closer to my husband's work.

Al Swearengen 08-27-2007 03:23 AM

Well, I for one would absolutely LOVE to see a Ruth's Chris Steak House. All the bigger cities have one and I dont want to have to cross the border for that experience...though from what I hear, it would almost be worth it!

Isaac-Saxxon 08-27-2007 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Surprise, surprise !!! Bass Pro :D
Attachment 1411

Pocahontas 08-27-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella (Post 20247)
I am excited about JC Penney's. I hate the Bossier Mall and never go there, so I have to order towels, etc. over the phone. It will be nice to see merchandise in person. Can Shreveport support all those new stores? How is the Boardwalk doing? I was out Ellerbe Road and Norris Ferry Road the other day. Nice homes out there. Is that a good place to live? One day, I may want to build out there. It will be closer to my husband's work.

The Boardwalk is doing well! I have to admit it's not the first place I think of when I need to run and get some items but The Gap Outlet and Banana Republic I really like. Good prices especially Gap! The numbers on The Boardwalk were in the paper recently and were quite impressive! I used to live out Ellerbe before it was booming like it is now! It is quite lovely out that way and I wouldn't mind living there again.:)

Note to Al...I believe we once had a Ruth's Chris, on Line Ave. That was a long time ago though.

joepole 08-27-2007 10:04 AM

We used to have a Ruth's Chris here, but it shut down after oil went to $8 a barrel. I like Ruth's Chris, but we've got local alternatives (Superior's and The Cub) that's provide everything RC would.

I thought we were getting a PF Chang's but I don't see their name on the sign. I bet Imperial Cathay is relieved, they would be out of business about 30 minutes after PF opened its doors.

piemaker720 08-27-2007 10:30 AM

Does anyone know where Dave & Buster's is going to be. I also know there is a Logan's Steakhouse coming, they are good, there's one in Monroe I go to.

vixweb 08-27-2007 10:15 PM

Dave&Busters, I heard, will be near the logans and khols. I actually sent off for franchise information about Ruth's Chris, They told me they are very interested in the shreveport bossier area! A little out of my $ range for now- maybe in a year or two, IF no-ones beat me to it!:pray:

rhertz 08-27-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 20248)
Well, I for one would absolutely LOVE to see a Ruth's Chris Steak House. All the bigger cities have one and I dont want to have to cross the border for that experience...though from what I hear, it would almost be worth it!

There used to be one at the old Fertitta's location at 6501 Line... (next door to Superior Bar and Grill) But that was long ago. I agree there Al, I would like to see Ruth's Chris make a come back. Good for special occasions and aniversarys etc....

LSU 08-28-2007 11:11 AM

I really interested in the Dave and Busters! Does anybody have any additional info? Location? Opening Dates? Links to news articles?

SBCmetroguy 09-23-2007 12:30 PM

Let's revive this thread.

Where did this Dave & Buster's rumor begin, and who knows more about it? I'm interested because I saw a Dave & Buster's commercial yesterday and I typically begin seeing commercials for businesses we don't have when they're considering coming into this market. I do know that last year Arlena Acree mentioned she was working with Dave & Buster's to get them here but nothing was ever mentioned about it again publicly, and then she left office with Hightower of course.

Boardwalk is awesome, I documented its construction in photographs and was so pleased when it finally opened. Youree Drive is nice and so is the new I-220/Airline development in Bossier. I would like to see Bossier's development offer some things that Youree Drive doesn't, for instance since the Youree area already has Olive Garden, Carrabba's, and Macaroni Grill, build a Johnny Carino's in the new north Bossier shopping area.

Anyway I could post on this thread forever so let's revive it!

vixweb 09-23-2007 01:43 PM

I initially heard the rumor about dave&Busters from some kids that were working @ Outback- A girl was telling her friend about applying there, so I butted in and asked "what about Dave&Busters?" She said she applied on-line, and they were going to be near tgi fridays.....?:peace:

SBCmetroguy 09-23-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tylers5592 (Post 21572)
Oh no.
I'm dissapointed to find out about PF Changs not being definate. Someone needs to work on that ;), lol. Dave and Busters sounds great.

I feel like I'm complaining too much, but we're not really getting any good resteraunts in the new Youree Dr. shopping center. I am happy about TGI Fridays, but Logan's Roadhouse... We really need some nicer and unusual resteraunts on Youree such as La Madeline/BoneFish/P.F. Changs.
And if we cannot get a P.F. Changs, how about a Pei Wei, it's almost the same just a little more casual.

As far as I know LaMadeleine and PF Chang's are both still in negotiations, so we can't count them out yet. PF Chang's has been a possibility since interest was first expressed in the vacant site at the Youree/E. 70th intersection. Honestly, as much as Logan's Roadhouse is "just another rustic roadhouse joint" at least it will help spread the wealth in that area. The Roadhouse Grill is always packed, and honestly I'd rather eat at Logan's anyday over Roadhouse Grill.

Youree Drive also needs - and could easily support - a Hooters. We need more lunchtime options in that part of Shreveport-Bossier, but I do agree we need more nice dinner places as well.

Oh... and Bonefish has said before that they are working on this market still. I wish they would hurry up, but there is supposedly a franchise in the works. Only time will tell. Shreveport-Bossier is currently the largest metro area in Louisiana which is still lacking a Bonefish Grill, but we do have TGI Friday's and Fuddrucker's (2 locations) coming soon. Both of those chain had completely left this state within the past few years so we must be doing something right.

SBCmetroguy 09-23-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 21573)
I initially heard the rumor about dave&Busters from some kids that were working @ Outback- A girl was telling her friend about applying there, so I butted in and asked "what about Dave&Busters?" She said she applied on-line, and they were going to be near tgi fridays.....?:peace:

Very nice, thanks for that information. I would love to see this happen.

Morpheus 11-19-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 20223)

where is the D&B going to be??? I love that place.

Morpheus 11-19-2007 07:12 PM

never mind, I just read the rest of the thread. Looks like it will be a hit if this thread is any indication.

Morpheus 11-19-2007 07:37 PM

I'm actually excited about the buffalo wild wings. The food sucks, but I love that trivia game they have there.

Texasbelle 11-19-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 24992)
I'm actually excited about the buffalo wild wings. The food sucks, but I love that trivia game they have there.

Trivia game??? Any devout reader of People could probably kick your bootay in that game. We might have to make a SB Trivia contest at Wild Wings!!!

LateNight 11-19-2007 09:28 PM

LOL out here 'round Blanchard way.. and after seeing a new "car wash" get built, a new bank, and a new fireworks stand get built... I'm "Excited" about the new Sonic being built :)

vixweb 11-20-2007 12:47 AM

I saw that new Sonic out there today- I have one about 1/4 mile from my house and I love it! :D
And I still think we need a SPEED ZONE !!:pray:

Texasbelle 11-20-2007 08:17 AM

I am most excited about the DSW Shoe Warehouse being put in on Youree Drive. Poor Mr. Belle!:D

Isaac-Saxxon 11-20-2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 25009)
I am most excited about the DSW Shoe Warehouse being put in on Youree Drive. Poor Mr. Belle!:D

Now Tbelle we know you would not have a poor man :rolleyes: Mr. Belle must have a gold mine to keep you happy :D

joepole 11-20-2007 08:43 AM

1. Th city/state needs to solve the traffic problem before Youree Drive becomes a viable lunch destination. It doesn't matter how wide they make Youree, it's still going to take forever to get in and out of there if my only options are Youree, 70th, Clyde Fant, and Bert Kouns in their present configurations.

2. Am I the only person that finds the Boardwalk to be a big yawn? The food is TERRIBLE and I have yet to see a single store other than Bass Pro that even remotely interests me.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-20-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25016)
1. Th city/state needs to solve the traffic problem before Youree Drive becomes a viable lunch destination. It doesn't matter how wide they make Youree, it's still going to take forever to get in and out of there if my only options are Youree, 70th, Clyde Fant, and Bert Kouns in their present configurations.

2. Am I the only person that finds the Boardwalk to be a big yawn? The food is TERRIBLE and I have yet to see a single store other than Bass Pro that even remotely interests me.

I think the food at the Boardwalk is pretty good. The sushi is great ! Youree Drive is now part of the declining area of town like Spring Lake. What is it at Bass Pro that you like best joe ? Do you hunt or fish ? Maybe it is the Sonic inside :laugh:

joepole 11-20-2007 08:57 AM

All the sushi places around here get their ingredients from the same place so the sushi is the same everywhere. Boardwalk=Tokyo=Shogun=Ichiban

I bird hunt and own a ski boat.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-20-2007 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25019)
All the sushi places around here get their ingredients from the same place so the sushi is the same everywhere. Boardwalk=Tokyo=Shogun=Ichiban

I bird hunt and own a ski boat.

Bird hunting I can see. I am have having a visual of Joe skiing !

Attachment 1853

Pocahontas 11-20-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25016)

I go to the Gap because the prices really are good. I bought some Nike tennis shoes for 15 bucks last year at the Nike outlet. Banana Republic is good too.
If you like bargains it's not bad. And I too buy almost all the men on my Christmas list items from Bassl Pro. Salt Grass is okay I haven't eaten at The Cheesecake Bistro yet but the one in BR is excellent! Oh and the fact that it is clean and safe is a plus and I don't have to look at butt cracks!:D

Princess Leia 11-20-2007 11:13 AM

I enjoy going to the boardwalk as well. However. I am lovin Kohls. They have a little bit of everything and the prices aren't bad either. :p

Pocahontas 11-20-2007 01:58 PM

Yes I like Kohl's and its prices as well! The new JC Penney's is nice too.
Have any of you been to Dick's yet? It looks like another Bass Pro from the outside.

Princess Leia 11-20-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 25049)
Yes I like Kohl's and its prices as well! The new JC Penney's is nice too.
Have any of you been to Dick's yet? It looks like another Bass Pro from the outside.

No, I haven't been to Dick's. Just what we need to occupy more good shopping space - another Bass Pro!!

Morpheus 11-20-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 24997)
Trivia game??? Any devout reader of People could probably kick your bootay in that game. We might have to make a SB Trivia contest at Wild Wings!!!

I have my niches that I am very good at. Pretty good at trivial pursuit too. I think if we go to BWW and play trivia, we should use our screen names here. That way we know a SBLiver is lurking on the premises and might be fun to guess who it is.

Morpheus 11-20-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 25003)
I saw that new Sonic out there today- I have one about 1/4 mile from my house and I love it! :D
And I still think we need a SPEED ZONE !!:pray:

I've been to the one in Dallas at I35 and Walnut hill. The dragsters were awesome as were the big carts. I don't know if SB will support it though. We couldn't even keep Hamel's open.