Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health & Wellness (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Any work out kings and queens out there? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2043)

rhertz 07-11-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You are right, Spaghetti noodles don't have to do a thang.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That would be "bean pole" to you madaam.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-12-2007 05:50 AM

It is good to be healthy and work out on one hand and on the other nobody gets out alive :eek: The only way to receive eternal life is to shed this clay shell which is just a matter of a short time. Congrats to those that keep there clay shell in order. I just got off the treadmill I have been doing it every other day for the last three years and I hate it and love it at the same time. I guess I am addicted to the crazy thing. When I skip a few days I do not feel good.

Pocahontas 07-12-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
It is good to be healthy and work out on one hand and on the other nobody gets out alive :eek: The only way to receive eternal life is to shed this clay shell which is just a matter of a short time. Congrats to those that keep there clay shell in order. I just got off the treadmill I have been doing it every other day for the last three years and I hate it and love it at the same time. I guess I am addicted to the crazy thing. When I skip a few days I do not feel good.

Keep up the good work Isaac! Your ticker:heart:will thank you for it!:clap:

Texasbelle 07-12-2007 07:59 PM

Yes Isaac it is good for the ticker and good to be able to keep up with the wifey!

Morpheus 10-22-2007 07:25 PM

I work out 5 days a week. 3 days with weights (MWF), 2 days cardio (TTh). Isaac is right in some regards. I've noticed that since I'm older I have to work out much harder to get the same results, AND I can't eat like I did when I was a young twenty something.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-22-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 23223)
I work out 5 days a week. 3 days with weights (MWF), 2 days cardio (TTh). Isaac is right in some regards. I've noticed that since I'm older I have to work out much harder to get the same results, AND I can't eat like I did when I was a young twenty something.

You should never mention Isaac on a workout thread. I do treadmill every other day but that is not much. Now Mrs. Isaac does the workouts and is in great shape.

LateNight 10-22-2007 08:47 PM

I'm pretty mad at myself.. last summer.. I started riding a mountain bike.. got up to 6 miles a day on it.. drank lots and lots of water... lost 20 freakin' pounds.. I was on a roll. I spent that summer building a deck for our pool.. I was able to work away through 100 degree days and felt freakin' GREAT.

Anyways, I quit at the end of that summer riding the bike.. quickly gained back the 20lbs. :mad:

Morpheus 10-22-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 23234)
I'm pretty mad at myself.. last summer.. I started riding a mountain bike.. got up to 6 miles a day on it.. drank lots and lots of water... lost 20 freakin' pounds.. I was on a roll. I spent that summer building a deck for our pool.. I was able to work away through 100 degree days and felt freakin' GREAT.

Anyways, I quit at the end of that summer riding the bike.. quickly gained back the 20lbs. :mad:

Definitely, it's not fair. You can work out for years and stop and literally within weeks your body will revert back to it's genetic set point..

Texasbelle 10-22-2007 10:00 PM

I thinking the key thing is cardio and lifting weights!!! And yes if you stop but for a week you can tell instantly.

Morpheus 10-25-2007 09:18 PM

yeah this cold has ruined this week at the gym. funny, the older I get, the smaller my excuse needs to be.