Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Board Games (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3166)

Pocahontas 12-02-2007 09:47 PM

Board Games

This thread may go nowhere but I was just curious does anyone play boardgames? I've been accused of being nerdy over this so just wondering if anyone else enjoys them?!
I like Scattergories, Trivial Pursuit and Cranium but of course they must be played with a fun group and a little alcohol helps make it entertaining as well.
I like RIFF and Scene It on DVD.:)

Morpheus 12-02-2007 09:54 PM

I like cranium and scene it too. I also like trivial pursuit and monopoly, but no one will play those with me anymore. We used to do a family game night every Tuesday, but we stopped. I think I'll start it up again.

AnimeSpirit 12-02-2007 10:18 PM

I like Monopoly, but I never seem to win at it.

Al Swearengen 12-02-2007 10:57 PM

Any chess players besides me and LateNight?

AnimeSpirit 12-02-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 25910)

I've hooked a Fool's Mate once or twice.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-03-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 25910)

I do not play board games but if and when I do Chess is a great game. Be a thinker not a stinker :D

piemaker720 12-03-2007 08:24 AM

I would rather play card games like Rook, Gin Rummy and Solitaire.

Pocahontas 12-03-2007 08:24 AM

My dad taught me to play Chess when I was younger, but I haven't played in years! I'm not as patient as I used to be. Mr. P asks me all the time to please just sit down for a minute! ;)

AnimeSpirit 12-03-2007 08:58 AM

In recent years, I've gotten into Yu-Gi-Oh! It's a popular card game from Japan, not unlike Magic: The Gathering.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a strategy game involving monsters and spell cards that you can use to attack your opponent and decrease his life points. Whoever loses all of their points loses the game. It's actually a lot of fun.

Princess Leia 12-03-2007 10:07 AM

Having small kids, playing games with friends is one way to change things up a bit without having to pay a babysitter. I am like Pokie. I like games that need to be played in a group.

Pocahontas 12-03-2007 02:12 PM

I also play Pokeno with my friends once a month. We each host at our houses and provide lunch and cash prizes. It is alot like Bingo with everyone taking turns turning cards over one at a time and calling them out one by one til you fill a row horizontally or vertically. It's fun and a good time to catch up on the latest with everyone.:)

rhertz 12-03-2007 02:27 PM

I like chess, checkers, and backgammon. But I haven't played in years. LOL, anyone remember the old Chinese Checkers boards in the 70's? Those were pretty weird. I'm not sure we ever played the right rules. I'm sure they still sell them, but it is from back in the 70's that I remember getting them as birthday presents....

Pocahontas 12-03-2007 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Do y'all remember the labyrinth that was impossible to win!? You had to rotate that board around with those little knobs and try not to let the marble drop in the holes! No way!:nono:

Attachment 1917

rhertz 12-03-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 25967)
Do y'all remember the labyrinth that was impossible to win!? You had to rotate that board around with those little knobs and try not to let the marble drop in the holes! No way!:nono:

My brother and neighbor across the street had those. My brother completed it a few times. I never could do it.

Morpheus 12-03-2007 09:44 PM

I played a lot of chess in college. We used to sometimes play until 5 am.