Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Are People Finally Getting The Rap Picture (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860)

sbl_admin 03-01-2007 07:47 AM

Are People Finally Getting The Rap Picture

The turning point is hard to pinpoint. But after 30 years of growing popularity, rap music is now struggling with an alarming sales decline and growing criticism from within about the culture's negative effect on society.

scarlett 03-01-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbl_admin
The turning point is hard to pinpoint. But after 30 years of growing popularity, rap music is now struggling with an alarming sales decline and growing criticism from within about the culture's negative effect on society.

AMEN AMEN AMEN I hate rap music and we all know what types of words are sang with this music. I would listen to country (barf) before I listen to rap

Rough Rider 03-01-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
AMEN AMEN AMEN I hate rap music and we all know what types of words are sang with this music. I would listen to country (barf) before I listen to rap

Agree with you 100% on this one. Word! :clap:

AnimeSpirit 03-01-2007 10:21 AM

I'm a very eclectic music fan. My music collection has country, techno, opera, classical, and even some Japanese music (Ayumi Hamasaki is awesome! ;)). However, rap is the one genre that will never be a part of my collection.

A few years ago, I was back in the Navy. I was working in the ship's post office with several other postal clerks. Most of the others liked rap music and that is what played on the radio EVERYDAY! >_<;; There was one day I still remember where the song playing was a rap song called "B*tch, get out the way." The song was so offensive, I stood up and said, "I can't take anymore of this bullsh*t music. I'll be back in a few." A female PC in the room (female of all people!) stood up in outrage and replied, "No one ever calls your music bullsh*t!" I replied, "The day you people actually let me play my music in here is the day you can call it bullsh*t. But right now, I'm sick of yours." And I left.

Rap music is just so offensive. The artists (and I use that term very loosely) typically sing about gangs, rape, murder, doing drugs, and lust. It's AWFUL music and should disappear, in my opinion.

Music is an art, hence the reason singers are called "artists." Art is the ability to share your feelings and experiences through creation. With that said, who would want to experience the kinds of things they sing about in rap music?!

Shrevenator 03-01-2007 12:57 PM

What about Crunk? How do you all feel about Crunk?

Gimme some Lil' Jon and Ying Yang! Damn, I like dat, I like dat

Git'n Low Git'n Low Git'n Low!

Isabella 03-01-2007 10:55 PM

I have never been a fan of rap music. The language is offensive and so is the sound. It hurts my eardrums when someone is behind me and I can feel my vehicle vibrate from the loud rap music. Why do they have to play it so loud?

Rough Rider 03-01-2007 11:01 PM

Don't see anyone here coming to the defense for RAP music. I can assure you, it won't be me that does it. I'll throw in my vote for CAN'T STAND IT.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-02-2007 07:52 AM

It fills a missing link for some

Like the hollow log and sticks of old. I do not think anyone on this site will be able to say they like rap and me for one no way.
Isaac

sbl_admin 03-06-2007 08:33 AM

Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

CNN -- Mar 6 2007 8:33 AM
Has rap music hit a wall?

AnimeSpirit 03-06-2007 10:38 AM

I won't miss rap when it becomes a memory of a past age like Disco was.

BrainSmashR 03-06-2007 11:48 AM

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...o_animated.gif

Al Swearengen 03-06-2007 06:05 PM

Hey now! Disco had SOME redeeming qualities...cant compare rap (which is actually spelled "crap", the "c" is silent) to disco.

AnimeSpirit 03-06-2007 06:23 PM

Oh, I'm not saying disco was as bad as rap, although there is no disco in my music collection. But it too had its time and I meant that we can only hope rap is approaching the end of its time as well.

Al Swearengen 03-06-2007 06:45 PM

Lol...cant argue with ya there, navy man. But you just might have some disco in your collection and not even know it. Got any Jackson Browne? How about a 70's compilation?

AnimeSpirit 03-06-2007 08:33 PM

I don't know Jackson Browne and the 70s was before my time. I have no 70s music at all in my collection.

My music collection consists of 213 tracks and still growing. Much of it is country music. Some is techno, mostly Sarina Paris. I have two operas: Diva Dance and an Italian opera call Aria di Mezzo Carattere. I also have quite a bit of Japanese music. My favorite Japanese artists include Megumi Hayashibara, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Utada Hikaru.

Here's a Youtube clip of a guy playing Aria di Mezzo Carattere

Lovely tune, isn't it? :clap: