Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LSU Plays Ohio State in BCS National Title Game (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3170)

sbl_admin 12-03-2007 10:03 AM

LSU Plays Ohio State in BCS National Title Game

LSU Plays Ohio State in BCS National Title Game on Jan 7th

By Tom Pace, Executive Editor, SBLive!

"The Fat Lady has sung, & LSU is in New Orleans..."

That quote from Joe Darwin, Petrosun I-Bowl Chariman, on the official announcement that the LSU Tigers (11-2) have been chosen to play the Ohio State Buckeyes (11-1)in the BCS Championship game January 7th in New Orleans.

"In a 24 hour period, LSU went from not having a coach, to winning the SEC Championship, and now playing for the National Championship," said Darwin told SBLive!.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/ima...428c7c9b79.jpg

LateNight 12-03-2007 11:01 AM

well how 'bout them apples.. I had all but given up on LSU playing in the big game. I guess everyone who had to lose, lost, and LSU won.

Hope they can use this time to get healthy, and ready to play.

I guess that's a good thing.. freakin' Saints season is all but over. UGHH.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-03-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 25937)
well how 'bout them apples.. I had all but given up on LSU playing in the big game. I guess everyone who had to lose, lost, and LSU won.

Hope they can use this time to get healthy, and ready to play.

I guess that's a good thing.. freakin' Saints season is all but over. UGHH.

I hope LSU can get there starting QB up and running. They will need him. The saints played a good game in a hard fought division. There will be next year and now they can play the part of the spoiler :mad:

LateNight 12-03-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 25938)
I hope LSU can get there starting QB up and running. They will need him. The saints played a good game in a hard fought division. There will be next year and now they can play the part of the spoiler :mad:

The Saints had that freakin' game won.. ahead by 3 points, Saints had the ball.. 3 minutes left.. I'm not sure who to be more mad at.. the coach for calling such a bone head play.. or Reggie for screwin' up with the ball so bad.. or Drew Brees for not telling the coach "Are you freakin' crazy!?" for calling the play in the first place .

yeah.. hopefully the LSU QB, and Dorsey and everyone else can get good and healed before the game.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-03-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 25940)
The Saints had that freakin' game won.. ahead by 3 points, Saints had the ball.. 3 minutes left.. I'm not sure who to be more mad at.. the coach for calling such a bone head play.. or Reggie for screwin' up with the ball so bad.. or Drew Brees for not telling the coach "Are you freakin' crazy!?" for calling the play in the first place .

yeah.. hopefully the LSU QB, and Dorsey and everyone else can get good and healed before the game.

the coach for the Saints made a terrible call hands down he get the fools award for the year. :nono::nono: Reggie should have told him but that is not Reggie's job.

joepole 12-03-2007 03:37 PM

This has been the wildest college football season I can remember.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-03-2007 05:18 PM

The ODDS ! Yes the odds are there to be beat every now and then. LSU got a gift and needs to play some balls out football in the final. Hester needs to see more plays and Les needs his play calling at the top of common sense.
I think the I Bowl will be a good game. I almost would think about going. I wonder how hard tickets are to get ??

Pocahontas 12-03-2007 08:10 PM

Did y'all know there are FOUR LSU threads currently up simultaneously?? Is this really necessary?? Good grief Charlie Brown!:p

rhertz 12-04-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25952)
This has been the wildest college football season I can remember.

yeah it's like if the I-Bowl or BCS title games don't go into double overtime, I'm gunna be disappointed. It's good to be spoiled. :D

Texasbelle 12-05-2007 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the reaction of the Ohio State Band when they found out they were going to be playing the Tigers!!!! :

Attachment 1936