Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Style & Shopping (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Trying to find a Hair Salon? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2106)

animalsrgodsgifts 07-16-2007 02:46 PM

Trying to find a Hair Salon?

I am not real familiar with hair salons in Shreveport. Does anyone know of a great place you can get hair extensions for Caucasian hair?

Isaac-Saxxon 07-16-2007 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You may want to try Escape Salon or Spa Concepts.
Attachment 999
Human hair extensions tend to be the preferred kind of hair extensions because they look and feel a lot more natural.

European hair is very fine and usually unsuitable for use as hair extensions. Chinese hair has round cross section making it incompatible with Caucasian hair used for wigs and toupes. Indian hair is generally used for making human hair extensions. Human hair is grown in the Arctic Circle for hair extensions alone.

Some families grow them specifically to be cut and sold. Such human hair for extensions is never chemically treated and left in virgin state. . Some acrylic hair is being produced in Japan that bears great resemblance to natural hair and costs just half as much as human hair extensions.

For more info please Private Message rhertz :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LateNight 07-16-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrgodsgifts
I am not real familiar with hair salons in Shreveport. Does anyone know of a great place you can get hair extensions for Caucasian hair?

Not sure if they do that kind of thing.. But you could try calling Christy at 797-1125 (I forget the name of the place, Gallery ? Salon ? it's on 70th Street right next door to Shreveport Music) It's a pretty big place, so maybe if she doesn't do that, someone else there does ?

Texasbelle 07-16-2007 04:36 PM

PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEE don't listen to the men!!!:laugh: :laugh: Just kidding but you might want to try Deborah David at True Colors on Line.

joepole 07-16-2007 04:46 PM

Just make sure you pronounce her last name correctly.

dah-VEED

Texasbelle 07-16-2007 08:18 PM

Oh Joe, you know her too????????!!!!!!????? And yes please say her name correctly.

joepole 07-16-2007 09:54 PM

I do. I actually saw her at Strawn's on Sunday.

animalsrgodsgifts 07-17-2007 02:21 AM

Hair Extensions

Thanks Everyone, I will check out all those places. If you all think of anymore then let me know. :p

Al Swearengen 07-17-2007 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You may want to try Escape Salon or Spa Concepts.
Attachment 999
Human hair extensions tend to be the preferred kind of hair extensions because they look and feel a lot more natural.

European hair is very fine and usually unsuitable for use as hair extensions. Chinese hair has round cross section making it incompatible with Caucasian hair used for wigs and toupes. Indian hair is generally used for making human hair extensions. Human hair is grown in the Arctic Circle for hair extensions alone.

Some families grow them specifically to be cut and sold. Such human hair for extensions is never chemically treated and left in virgin state. . Some acrylic hair is being produced in Japan that bears great resemblance to natural hair and costs just half as much as human hair extensions.

For more info please Private Message rhertz :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Isaac, you da man! I'm gonna contact Rhertz first thing and get him to hook me up with a Mel Gibson "Braveheart" style weave! :)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
I do. I actually saw her at Strawn's on Sunday.

Small world kids. Joepole and Texasbelle using the same hair salon. Joe do you have hair extensions :laugh: :laugh: I know Texasbelle will never tell her secrets :rolleyes: right white girl ? They say the world is a small place well Shevesville is too.

Texasbelle 07-17-2007 07:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll say this for Joe...he at least has great taste in his choice of hair stylists. No barber for him! You won't see Joe like this:
Attachment 1022

Attachment 1023

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much to do to this hair style right joepyle :rotflol: :w00t:
Attachment 1025

joepole 07-17-2007 03:12 PM

I need a haircut so badly. I usually go to Southfield barber shop, but Mr. Davis isn't there anymore and Kay takes forever because she talks on the phone the whole time. I don't want to find a new barber shop, but I'm looking really shaggy right now.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

I need a haircut so badly. I usually go to Southfield barber shop, but Mr. Davis isn't there anymore and Kay takes forever because she talks on the phone the whole time. I don't want to find a new barber shop, but I'm looking really shaggy right now.

Mr. Glen Davis is now at Fants on Kings Highway and yes Kay is the reason all the customers have quit using that shop. I think Mr. Glen only works a few days each week. I use him or Alan :clap:

Pocahontas 07-17-2007 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1049

Shaggy can be very, very good!!!!:clap: :lovely: :heart:

joepole 07-17-2007 03:40 PM

I've called a couple of times and they were never able to tell when or if Mr. Davis was going to be in.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 03:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Attachment 1049

Shaggy can be very, very good!!!!:clap: :lovely: :heart:

You cut his hair and add some lipstick and you got a Queen :laugh:
Attachment 1050
Have you noticed his MULLET :eek: :eek: :eek:
Attachment 1051

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

I've called a couple of times and they were never able to tell when or if Mr. Davis was going to be in.

I go in on Friday mornings and I think Sat too. I am sure he is working there and if he is not Alan is very good and a very nice guy.

Pocahontas 07-17-2007 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You cut his hair and add some lipstick and you got a Queen :laugh:
Attachment 1050
Have you noticed his MULLET :eek: :eek: :eek:
Attachment 1051

That is why I like shaggy! IMO most men look better with fuller or longer hair not some buzz job!:D
There are exceptions though!:clap:
Attachment 1053

Al Swearengen 07-17-2007 05:50 PM

Been cuttin my own hair now for the last 15 years or so...even the back! Gotten pretty damn good at it, too!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Been cuttin my own hair now for the last 15 years or so...even the back! Gotten pretty damn good at it, too!

Hey Al you still use a straight edge razor too ?
Attachment 1054

Texasbelle 07-17-2007 07:26 PM

Yes Pokie, Shaggy is good...........very good!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Yes Pokie, Shaggy is good...........very good!

Don't you like camo guys with short hair :rolleyes: What about what's his name that sings to you and your daughter he has short hair and Elvis too. I guess Kenny Rogers is a bit shaggy :laugh: :laugh: Report nerds to www.nerdwatch.com :D

Isabella 07-17-2007 11:30 PM

Texasbelle, who is known for being the best hair stylist in Shreveport? I went to Melanie on Youree Drive. She owns the shop. Can't remember her last name or her shop's name. The haircut was very expensive and I do not mind paying the price she charged if I like the haircut. I did not like it the second time she cut it, so I did not go back. I am very particular about my hair. I have short hair and will need to start coloring it soon. I am starting to get some gray hairs. Don't want gray hair, but I hate the thought of coloring it. I have always liked my natural color.

Texasbelle 07-18-2007 08:09 AM

Well you have opened the door for Isaac to jab you here girl. I will help you out with some names though. Deborah David (Daveed) at True Colors is good, but very expensive. Angela at True Colors is very good as well. I really like her. Ultimate Appearances is a great shop that usually has great people. Also there is a stylist named Joey who has just opened his own shop. He was at the Attic on Line. You can call there and they'll give you his number. I would try him first.

Isabella 07-18-2007 08:14 AM

What do you call expensive? If I get a great cut that I can easily style myself, I don't care what the cost is. Why do you say try Joey first?

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
Texasbelle, who is known for being the best hair stylist in Shreveport? I went to Melanie on Youree Drive. She owns the shop. Can't remember her last name or her shop's name. The haircut was very expensive and I do not mind paying the price she charged if I like the haircut. I did not like it the second time she cut it, so I did not go back. I am very particular about my hair. I have short hair and will need to start coloring it soon. I am starting to get some gray hairs. Don't want gray hair, but I hate the thought of coloring it. I have always liked my natural color.

Dennis Weaver has his own salon...Impressions...he is a good colorist and very affordable!:)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-18-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
What do you call expensive? If I get a great cut that I can easily style myself, I don't care what the cost is. Why do you say try Joey first?

Isabella I am sure these ladies can help you find a good hair salon. I like your honesty about the gray hairs coming in ;) My hair turned gray but not lose so I will stay with gray. Wisdom of the ages :D

rhertz 07-18-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Isaac, you da man! I'm gonna contact Rhertz first thing and get him to hook me up with a Mel Gibson "Braveheart" style weave! :)

If I had a weave or toupe or whatever, I wouldn't be complaining about going bald now would I? In other words I am still seeking a solution! For now, Nioxin will have to do.

BTW, I was at the boardwalk the other day and saw this white guy with a corn roll. Nothing wrong with that, I have just never seen a white guy with a corn roll before. I don't get out much. What is this thread? Oh yeah...

My recommendation would be my friends over at My friend's Place. Cindy is recouping from surgery and needs my support! Victoria, Renee, or Glenda can do the do for you. :D

rhertz 07-18-2007 12:50 PM

Any metrosexuals on this board? (ducking)

You might be "metrosexual" if:

1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.

2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse.

3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.

4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for breakfast... all from scratch.

5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.

6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.

7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.

8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.

9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and vintage first.

10. Despite being flattered (even proud) that gay guys hit on you, you still find the thought of actually getting intimate with another man truly repulsive.

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz

BTW, I was at the boardwalk the other day and saw this white guy with a corn roll. Nothing wrong with that, I have just never seen a white guy with a corn roll before. :D

rhertz would that be the same thing as a corn ROW?? :D
If so Axl Rose has taken to wearing them and he looks horrible! Do NOT attempt!:laugh:

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Any metrosexuals on this board? (ducking)

You might be "metrosexual" if:

1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.

2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse.

3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.

4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for breakfast... all from scratch.

5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.

6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.

7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.

8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.

9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and vintage first.

10. Despite being flattered (even proud) that gay guys hit on you, you still find the thought of actually getting intimate with another man truly repulsive.

Well I'm betting on Isaac and Al for being metros!!!:laugh: :laugh:

rhertz 07-18-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

If so Axl Rose has taken to wearing them and he looks horrible! Do NOT attempt!:laugh:

yeah that what I meant... Thanks for the korrection.. :D

rhertz 07-18-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Well I'm betting on Isaac and Al for being metros!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Naw, I picture Isaac driving a pickup truck! How else would he haul his deer? I doubt metrosexuals deer hunt or fish.

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Attachment 1091
Here he is in all his corn rowed glory!:eek:

Al Swearengen 07-18-2007 08:22 PM

I dont quite need a rug or weave...yet...but they can do some amazin things with em. Check out Sean Connery in "Red October"! Guy is slick as a whistle, but he's sportin this killer iron-gray flat top that looks great!

I lug around alot of stuff, more than I can put in my pockets, so for a long time I wore a "fanny pack", but I never liked the way it looked. So I bought this canvas "departure bag" in O.D. green...has a shoulder strap. Men commonly carry em in Europe, or so I'm told. First time I wore it out in public, I was a little self-conscious. Did'nt help with the wife callin it a "man purse". But then I figured, hell, Im 40 years old and I dont give a damn what anybody thinks. Its holds my swiss army knife, cell phone, checkbook and pen, hairbrush, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, travel toothbrush and paste, dental floss, paper napkins, aspirin and antacids, my cigars and lighter, latex gloves, pistol with spare mags and my handcuffs and baton when Im not in uniform.

LateNight 07-18-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

I dont quite need a rug or weave...yet...but they can do some amazin things with em. Check out Sean Connery in "Red October"! Guy is slick as a whistle, but he's sportin this killer iron-gray flat top that looks great!

I lug around alot of stuff, more than I can put in my pockets, so for a long time I wore a "fanny pack", but I never liked the way it looked. So I bought this canvas "departure bag" in O.D. green...has a shoulder strap. Men commonly carry em in Europe, or so I'm told. First time I wore it out in public, I was a little self-conscious. Did'nt help with the wife callin it a "man purse". But then I figured, hell, Im 40 years old and I dont give a damn what anybody thinks. Its holds my swiss army knife, cell phone, checkbook and pen, hairbrush, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, travel toothbrush and paste, dental floss, paper napkins, aspirin and antacids, my cigars and lighter, latex gloves, pistol with spare mags and my handcuffs and baton when Im not in uniform.

ol AL stays ready, to keep from havin' to GET READY!!!
:)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-19-2007 05:34 AM

Quote:

Naw, I picture Isaac driving a pickup truck! How else would he haul his deer? I doubt metrosexuals deer hunt or fish.

You are so right rhertz. Now you might see a metro hanging from the back of my pickup truck if he gets caught trespassing. They are easy to spot with shaved legs and arms and are just to pretty to be guys :eek: nothing pretty about this old hairy legged boy. Big boys play with guns and metros play with their pistol :rolleyes:

rhertz 07-19-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

You are so right Al!!

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_...ed_October.jpg

I bet ole Capt. Ramius would make a great crab fisherman!!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-19-2007 12:44 PM

Any old jake leg could crab fish but could he be a ice trucker :laugh: