Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   King Cakes in Shreveport/Bossier (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3223)

drthyhcks 12-10-2007 11:08 PM

King Cakes in Shreveport/Bossier

Promoting fresh baked King Cakes. It is almost King Cake time in Shreveport/Bossier... we are already getting orders on the calender.
Oh yeah! shipping and large orders.

www.kingcakefactory.com
a/k/a www.mypastrychef.com

Wedding Cakes, too!
http://www.mypastrychef.com/assets/i...ngcake.jpg.jpg

rhertz 12-11-2007 12:22 PM

That's a nice looking king cake. So you sell them at any local stores? My kids like to race to see who can find the baby inside, so they don't last long in my house.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-11-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthyhcks (Post 26370)
Promoting fresh baked King Cakes. It is almost King Cake time in Shreveport/Bossier... we are already getting orders on the calender.
Oh yeah! shipping and large orders.

www.kingcakefactory.com
a/k/a www.mypastrychef.com

Wedding Cakes, too!
http://www.mypastrychef.com/assets/i...ngcake.jpg.jpg

That is one nice looking King Cake. I wonder how much they cost ? :D

drthyhcks 12-11-2007 02:08 PM

They start at $15.00
The traditional filling is awesome.
We can ship them also.

You can call us and order them 747-1104. We fill large orders or you can order one at a time.

Thanks for the compliment!:D

Isaac-Saxxon 12-11-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthyhcks (Post 26417)
They start at $15.00
We can ship them also.

You can call us and order them 747-1104. We fill large orders or you can order one at a time.

Does the one in the photo cost 15.00 ?? It sure looks good.

drthyhcks 12-11-2007 03:58 PM

Yes, $15 this is the only size we make (we keep it simple)

look at the website www.mypastrychef.com and click on kingcakes for more info.

mpc

j.nc 12-11-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthyhcks (Post 26417)
They start at $15.00
We can ship them also.

It does look good.

What approximate diameter and weight do you get for the 15 clams?

No lead baby from China right? :peace:

- j.nc
"wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?"*

*1546 from John Heywood's 'A dialogue Conteinyng the Nomber in Effect of All the Prouerbes in the Englishe Tongue'

drthyhcks 12-11-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.nc (Post 26425)
It does look good.

What approximate diameter and weight do you get for the 15 clams?

No lead baby from China right? :peace:

- j.nc
"wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?"*

*1546 from John Heywood's 'A dialogue Conteinyng the Nomber in Effect of All the Prouerbes in the Englishe Tongue'

We use plastic babies.:) We use the shipping weight of 3 pounds. I think it actually weighs 2.4 pounds. The cake is a 10" ring 4"wide and 2" tall... since they are handmade each may vary a little more or less. But will weigh the same.
mpc

Isaac-Saxxon 12-11-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthyhcks (Post 26426)
We use plastic babies.:) We use the shipping weight of 3 pounds. I think it actually weighs 2.4 pounds. The cake is a 10" ring 4"wide and 2" tall... since they are handmade each may vary a little more or less. But will weigh the same.
mpc

Say friend ! Do you deliver in town and is there a quantity break ? Nice looking cake you have. I see your location do you have them on hand all the time or just when it is season ?
Thanks,
Isaac

drthyhcks 12-11-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 26427)
Say friend ! Do you deliver in town and is there a quantity break ? Nice looking cake you have. I see your location do you have them on hand all the time or just when it is season ?
Thanks,
Isaac

We do give a quantity break (call the shop) I am attempting to add a paypal shopping cart to our website.
They do have to be pre-ordered because we make and bake them fresh.

thanks for asking
mpc

rhertz 12-11-2007 07:24 PM

I'm going to call tomorrow and order two, one for me, and one for a friend of mine (for his Christmas present) Heck what's wrong with a king cake for Christmas? Sure beats one of those old fruitcakes!

drthyhcks 12-11-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26433)
I'm going to call tomorrow and order two, one for me, and one for a friend of mine (for his Christmas present) Heck what's wrong with a king cake for Christmas? Sure beats one of those old fruitcakes!

Oh, good idea to get it ordered early.
mpc

Texasbelle 12-11-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26433)

Ummm Rhertz...I don't see my name on that list for Kingcakes?????? What's up with that?

rhertz 12-11-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 26439)
Ummm Rhertz...I don't see my name on that list for Kingcakes?????? What's up with that?

Well, dang since you put those red stiletto's back on, you are making it hard on me. LOL. ;) Ok, I'll get you one too cause I KNOW you put those back on just for me! :D But I ain't deliverin' nothing way over in Texas. We'll figure something out.

Texasbelle 12-11-2007 08:54 PM

Yep the red shoes were just for you!!! Now what do you want for Christmas Rhertz????