Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Imus Apologizes for Disparaging Remarks (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122)

Isaac-Saxxon 04-14-2007 03:05 PM

Rhertz you sould not be offended you are a Honky

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Well I kinda like the sound of that. MISTER Honky. Sounds repectful. I'm not offended at all. ;) ;) ;)

You make Tbelle look like she has a tan your such a white boy :laugh: WASP of sorts :rolleyes:
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-17-2007 07:31 AM

Yesterday as I was driving and listening to talk radio I had the opportunity to listen to them discussing the whole Imus issue. We've done it here but they were hashing out the whole "Why can they do it but we can't?". They had clips of song by rappers and such which I found very interesting. It seems that Barak Obama recently had a fundraiser were 'Ludichris' was performing and there are lots of pics floating around of the two together. In his song he performed it goes like this...."I got ho's ho's ho's in every zip code". It goes on with more what they consider demeaning words (only if Imus says them I guess).

Interesting to see that Obama can raise money with a guy who sings lyrics like this but on the other hand call for the firing of Imus for using the same words. You've just got to love those Democrats.

Al Swearengen 04-17-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I have to agree I found the episode I saw funny but was still somewhat shocked that was allowed on cable t.v. and that no one black nor white had put up a fuss!:confused:

Chappell's "The Niggar Family" skit was HILARIOUS! I kept it on my DVR for months.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-17-2007 06:47 PM

Yes Al once again you have it right on the mark

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Chappell's "The Niggar Family" skit was HILARIOUS! I kept it on my DVR for months.

I have it too. My parents came by my office the other day and Deacon Dad and Mom where there and they had to wipe the grin off their face. I LOL big time. Funny how things are. :laugh: :laugh:

scarlett 04-17-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Yesterday as I was driving and listening to talk radio I had the opportunity to listen to them discussing the whole Imus issue. We've done it here but they were hashing out the whole "Why can they do it but we can't?". They had clips of song by rappers and such which I found very interesting. It seems that Barak Obama recently had a fundraiser were 'Ludichris' was performing and there are lots of pics floating around of the two together. In his song he performed it goes like this...."I got ho's ho's ho's in every zip code". It goes on with more what they consider demeaning words (only if Imus says them I guess).

Interesting to see that Obama can raise money with a guy who sings lyrics like this but on the other hand call for the firing of Imus for using the same words. You've just got to love those Democrats.

Here where I live we have a festival each year in may called sunfest, http://www.sunfest.com and they have very popular artists here. last year I was able to see Carrie Underwood, this year I bought tickets so I can go see Chris Daughtry (was on AI last year). This year they are also having ludacris and it's a huge topic in this area how gangs will be there etc and people are actually boycotting the festival that's been going on for a very long time due to them having ludacris here. I found it pretty interesting myself since I did buy a 4 day pass but I am going each day but the day Ludacris plays due to the crowd that may show up there. It's not like Shreveport where you charge 5.00 and it keeps the rift raft out all the rift raft will pay 25.00 to see him.

I don't like Ludacris like I don't like the government they are all one in the same :peace:

Pocahontas 04-17-2007 09:32 PM

Overreactors!!!

I don't feel Imus should have been fired from his jobs! Every single human says things without thinking sometimes whether they mean it or not. Of course we've all stuck our foot in our mouths before.:footinmouth: I just feel a suspension would have been enough punishment. Also he was in the middle of a fund drive for a camp for children with cancer and his fundraiser was it's biggest resource. How can someone like that be all bad?:(

Al Swearengen 04-17-2007 10:49 PM

I was never much of an Imus fan, but I agree Pokie, firin him was a bit extreme. Hopefull he'll land on his feet!

Isaac-Saxxon 04-21-2007 01:56 PM

What will they censor next

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 339

Ho,Ho,Ho
Isaac

Pocahontas 04-21-2007 04:05 PM

Will Santa apologize?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Attachment 339

Ho,Ho,Ho
Isaac

Well this isn't that far from the truth! Looks like you've been taking some pointers from Kramer! Funny post!:laugh:

Texasbelle 04-21-2007 08:59 PM

OH MY GOODNESS...Santa must go down for this. We can't have it no...no ... no...not even from him.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-22-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
OH MY GOODNESS...Santa must go down for this. We can't have it no...no ... no...not even from him.

How will you tell your children :rolleyes: I am sure there is a way to let them down easy ;)

rhertz 04-23-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Attachment 339

Ho,Ho,Ho
Isaac

I think Santa gets a pass, because his beard is a little bit nappy looking to start with!

cosmo kramer 04-23-2007 07:11 PM

Funny Isaac, ho ho ho!:clap:

cosmo kramer 04-23-2007 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Imus does 80's.

Pattyann3566 05-06-2007 07:51 PM

This is supposed to be a country of free speech! lol !But when one group of people can use certain words and another group can' t,I fail to see the free speech.I personally think anyone speaking or singing ,publically, should have to keep a decent and civil tongue in their mouth.No matter who they are!