Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   What's your Summer Vacation destination? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1934)

Texasbelle 06-27-2007 09:33 PM

What's your Summer Vacation destination?

In May I took my childrens to Gulf Shores which we do every summer.

Last week, we took 12 y/o Belle boy to Discovery Cove in Orlando. Has anybody been there? It is a fabulous destination and place to visit. You get to swim with a dolphin, snorkel in a coral reef, and hang out in the Ray Cove!

www.discoverycove.com

I highly recommend this if you are looking for something new, but don't take real small children.

Where are your favorite places to visit in the summer?

Al Swearengen 06-28-2007 01:26 AM

Vacation? What the hells a vacation? I havent had a vacation since '89!

Isaac-Saxxon 06-28-2007 01:40 AM

Morning Al :eek: I am with you what the hell is a vacation. I live to serve the family and make sure they have their vacations. This dog gets a bone when I go fishing on the weekends and a bit of hunting in the winter. You have to grind, grind, grind at the grindstone............

Pocahontas 06-28-2007 07:44 AM

Debbie Downer!!!:(

LateNight 06-28-2007 08:12 AM

Just got back from mine.. went to see my brother in Fair Haven, N.J.
One of the most beautiful small towns I've ever seen, they even have a small local hardware store :)

Went to a party in a castle. Saw friends I hadn't seen in 10 years. It was 'open mic' night, and I played my first gig in front of a live audience.. too bad I was too drunk to remember what or how I played, but apparently to rave reviews :cool:

Back to the grind.
:eek:

Texasbelle 06-28-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Morning Al :eek: I am with you what the hell is a vacation. I live to serve the family and make sure they have their vacations. This dog gets a bone when I go fishing on the weekends and a bit of hunting in the winter. You have to grind, grind, grind at the grindstone............

Do you want some cheese with that whine boys??????????????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now Isaac, do you CHOOSE to stay and work or do you CHOOSE not to go? I am quite sure that your family (wife and beautiful girls) would love to have a fun vacation with you. So, when are you going to take that lovely wife somewhere??????????????????????????????????

joepole 06-28-2007 09:17 AM

We have a 2 year old and a 6 month old, we're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Isaac-Saxxon 06-28-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Do you want some cheese with that whine boys??????????????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now Isaac, do you CHOOSE to stay and work or do you CHOOSE not to go? I am quite sure that your family (wife and beautiful girls) would love to have a fun vacation with you. So, when are you going to take that lovely wife somewhere??????????????????????????????????

Cheese is just what it is all about Tbelle you should know that :rolleyes: Money talks and bs walks. This is why I am at work everyday because I want to keep what I have and not place it in the hands of someone that will cause me more problems when I get back. No pity party just the facts. I CHOOSE to work for myself not for the man :D

Pocahontas 06-28-2007 04:41 PM

We've already been to Gulf Shores. It was so relaxing! My parents own a lakehouse about an hour and a half from here so maybe a few trips there. We usually have to get in a trip to Dallas. The big vacation is over but will hopefully do some mini ones! :hifive:

scarlett 06-28-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Vacation? What the hells a vacation? I havent had a vacation since '89!

You need to take one!

scarlett 06-28-2007 06:13 PM

I think we are giong to go to New York for 9 days. I have never been there and he has a friend we can stay with so no hotel costs

Texasbelle 06-28-2007 07:10 PM

I would love to make a trip to New York! You'll have to let us know how it is.

rhertz 06-28-2007 07:15 PM

We went to Destin summer of 2004. Doesn't look like I'm gunna pull one off again this year. But I have hopes to going to Dallas for a quick fix. Six Flags, Ft Worth Zoo, Midevil Times, etc there really is a lot to do without going very far. Although I hear there if flooding over there recently...

scarlett 06-28-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

I would love to make a trip to New York! You'll have to let us know how it is.

I sure will I have never been there myself and dying to go.

howela 06-30-2007 01:49 PM

Ad Promotion

Check out Greenwood, Louisiana on your next vacation.See the home of Tami Vergo, who started the Cedar Grove riots with one stray bullet and a bad dope deal.
Or visit the burned out home of the Procks, where Captain Joe Prock brutally lost his life during a home invasion robbery.
Still have time on your hands? Stop by our fire station where Chief McMullen plotted out his murder for hire.

Ask about a discount on the child molesters tour!

Isaac-Saxxon 06-30-2007 04:13 PM

Great post :clap: This sounds like west Shreveport too. The heat brings the freaks out big time. Thank God for Bossier City ;)

guitarman 07-01-2007 12:15 PM

Looking at this board everybody is at their favorite vacation :cool:

rhertz 07-01-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman

Well, it's affordable! :D

Al Swearengen 07-01-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela
Check out Greenwood, Louisiana on your next vacation.See the home of Tami Vergo, who started the Cedar Grove riots with one stray bullet and a bad dope deal.
Or visit the burned out home of the Procks, where Captain Joe Prock brutally lost his life during a home invasion robbery.
Still have time on your hands? Stop by our fire station where Chief McMullen plotted out his murder for hire.

Ask about a discount on the child molesters tour!

Ok, sounds great! But what about the patriotic red, white and blue leather sports jacket that Jerry Melot bought with town funds?If I dont get to wear it, can I at least touch it? How about if I just get to see it?

Pocahontas 07-01-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman

Yes things do seem to be a bit quiet around here guess everyone is out of town!

rhertz 07-01-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Yes things do seem to be a bit quiet around here guess everyone is out of town!

Not me! I'm on vacation in Shreveport! ;)

Pocahontas 07-01-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Ok, sounds great! But what about the patriotic red, white and blue leather sports jacket that Jerry Melot bought with town funds?If I dont get to wear it, can I at least touch it? How about if I just get to see it?

I remember reading about that jacket! Jerry said that anyone could borrow and wear it when they want since it belonged to the town! Now you guys need to borrow it especially with the 4th coming up! You will look quite patriotic!:flag:

howela 07-02-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by Al Swearengen
Man, I forgot all about that jacket! I'd like to wear it to work on Wednesday.

Don't forget our aggressive police dept.

http://badcopnews.com/2007/06/14/for...-wifes-fiance/

Not to mention someone decided to put a few rounds through the mayor's house.

howela 07-02-2007 05:06 PM

But our park is clean.......and the hookers at the truck stops don't bother you much.

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 06:15 PM

I think I will stay in Jonesville, Texas for the remainder of my summer. No crime (that I know of) and with a population of about 25 (includes my dogs) there is not much traffic, no bad cops, and no drive by shootings.

rhertz 07-02-2007 07:48 PM

Nice shoes Ms Belle.......... :D

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Nice shoes Ms Belle.......... :D

It was time for a new pair! My ankle was broken in my others and it is summer so sandals (and a great pedicure) are required.

rhertz 07-02-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

It was time for a new pair! My ankle was broken in my others and it is summer so sandals (and a great pedicure) are required.

I fully approve. :D

Rukia96 07-03-2007 03:23 PM

I certainly don't go on vacation often. But im actually going to hawaii in august.

AnimeSpirit 07-03-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukia96
I certainly don't go on vacation often. But im actually going to hawaii in august.

Never been there, but I hear it's great. I had an uncle stationed there in the army.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-03-2007 07:16 PM

Sounds like a real nice place to visit but I do not think I would want to live there :eek:

Pocahontas 07-03-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukia96

Hawaii is beautiful! Take it all in and enjoy it! Check out the black sand beaches but do NOT under any circumstance bring any black sand home! It is very bad luck! My sister did this when we were in high school and her life has been nothing but chaos ever since. My mom has always blamed it on the tainted black sand and my sister's inability to follow the advice NOT to bring any home! :eek:

Isabella 07-03-2007 11:52 PM

No where for me.:(

Texasbelle 07-04-2007 10:41 AM

:D Poor Isabella....you can come to Jonesville, Texas for a day and hang out at our pool, ride a horse, fish in the pond, and ride the four wheeler. We'll even take you to the local hot spots...the Old Country store, David Beard's restaurant, and of course dessert at Dairy Queen!!!:D

Pocahontas 07-04-2007 12:08 PM

Hey Tbelle if I had a pool I wouldn't mind staying home without a vacation.
You sound like you can make your own!;)

Texasbelle 07-04-2007 04:59 PM

It feels like a vacation here everyday when I wake up! I love going outside first thing in the morning with a fresh cup of coffee and viewing the wonderful countryside around me. There are so many birds out here to watch and listen to. We have all kinds of animals hanging around to watch...deer, squirrels, cows, raccoons, horses, etc. It's very peaceful and quiet as opposed to living in the noisy city. We love to hang around the pool or fish in the pond or ride the horses.

Pokie, you are welcome to a day in the country anytime!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-05-2007 07:33 AM

Quote:

It feels like a vacation here everyday when I wake up! I love going outside first thing in the morning with a fresh cup of coffee and viewing the wonderful countryside around me. There are so many birds out here to watch and listen to. We have all kinds of animals hanging around to watch...deer, squirrels, cows, raccoons, horses, etc. It's very peaceful and quiet as opposed to living in the noisy city. We love to hang around the pool or fish in the pond or ride the horses.

Pokie, you are welcome to a day in the country anytime!

If you have a deer problem you let me know and I will come stay for the morning and give everybody on the farm a wake up call they will never forget.
I hate it when those deer trespass :D Do you have a problem with coons too?

Isabella 07-05-2007 10:57 PM

Would not quote Tbelle had to copy and paste

Poor Isabella....you can come to Jonesville, Texas for a day and hang out at our pool, ride a horse, fish in the pond, and ride the four wheeler. We'll even take you to the local hot spots...the Old Country store, David Beard's restaurant, and of course dessert at Dairy Queen!!!

Thank you for the offer Tbelle! You are very sweet. Sounds like lots of fun.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-06-2007 05:38 AM

It sure looks like Tbelle is going to host the end of the summer vacation at her place. Sounds like the lap of luxury. I think everybody should have a chance for a day to enjoy such a nice place like that. :clap:

Texasbelle 07-06-2007 08:42 AM

Hmmm Isaac, we had one trespass in the middle of the day Saturday right in front of us. They usually just wait till night. I guess since the deer know when it is hunting season, he was feeling safe. We actually had a cougar (the game warden said it was a cougar) chase one up into our paddock at the barn last fall. The deer ran head first into the barn fence and got it's head hung in it. The cougar ate most of it right there! It was a sick sight to wake up too!

We do have raccoons but they usually don't come too close to the house or they are greeted by the well staffed alarm system (Blitz, Rosie, and Shadow)! This past week we found some kittens in the barn which is fun. Blitz found them as well! Life is always exciting in the country!