Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Shoe Thread for the worst shoes ever (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1102)

Isaac-Saxxon 04-05-2007 08:39 PM

The Shoe Thread for the worst shoes ever

Tell us your worst shoe story. Broken heels and blisters and just plain ugly shoes that you wish you had never worn.
Isaac

scarlett 04-05-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Tell us your worst shoe story. Broken heels and blisters and just plain ugly shoes that you wish you had never worn.
Isaac

Well every pair of shoes I purchase I actually get blisters and I'm not kidding. I have about 100 pairs of shoes and the only ones I don't get blisters with are tennis shoes and I never wear those except for exercise.

I have never owned a pair of ugly shoes I have very good taste!

WiseEyes 04-05-2007 09:05 PM

Shoes

Isaac,
I am a new user and I have been reading over your threads and this does not seem to be a typical subject you would discuss, but still, I will post my reply.

Once, I had to dress very formal for an event which my entire family was attending and I was forced to wear high heels as opposed to my desired New Balances. I ended the night with a box of band aids, some neosporin, and many blisters. It was indeed painful.

-WiseEyes

refugen3 04-05-2007 09:29 PM

It all started with the voices in the head thread. It's pretty comical.
My favorite pair of shoes are my Redwings.
The worst? Does anyone remember penny loafers? What was I thinkin"?:confused:
I get rid of shoes that hurt or rub! I certianally don't keep shoes I don't wear.
I suppose that makes me the sensible shoe type?:rolleyes:

scarlett 04-05-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by refugen3
It all started with the voices in the head thread. It's pretty comical.
My favorite pair of shoes are my Redwings.
The worst? Does anyone remember penny loafers? What was I thinkin"?:confused:
I get rid of shoes that hurt or rub! I certianally don't keep shoes I don't wear.
I suppose that makes me the sensible shoe type?:rolleyes:

I owned a pair of penny loafers in the 80's!! Had a penny in it too!

Texasbelle 04-05-2007 10:18 PM

I guess everybody has figured out that Texasbelle loves shoes! Now I do have some limits on them though. I won't wear any that are excruciatingly painful on my feet. I won't wear ugly shoes. I don't wear gaudy on my feet either. I've had plenty of blisters from wearing those beautiful shoes and will probably have many more.

I love summer shoes more than fall shoes. My pet peeve is (listen ladies) not having your feet ready for summer sandals!!!! Girls you know all the rules, if you don't I can post them for you.

I guess I can't answer the question about ugly shoes cause I don't have any.

Pocahontas 04-05-2007 10:40 PM

If the shoe fits...

Awesome shoes Texasbelle! I would be about 6' 4" if I were to wear those!

I'm into comfort shoes right now...loving all the cute flip flops, but you've got to be careful about those unpolished toes and dried out winter heals for sure!

Pocahontas

Isaac-Saxxon 04-06-2007 07:28 AM

Welcome aboard WiseEyes

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiseEyes
Isaac,
I am a new user and I have been reading over your threads and this does not seem to be a typical subject you would discuss, but still, I will post my reply.

Once, I had to dress very formal for an event which my entire family was attending and I was forced to wear high heels as opposed to my desired New Balances. I ended the night with a box of band aids, some neosporin, and many blisters. It was indeed painful.

-WiseEyes

Yes I just wear tennis shoes but I live with a house full of female shoe nuts and I feel your pain :rolleyes: I feel like we know each other from another life and I am glad to see yet another female on the board. :clap: And they say guys rule the net :confused: Times are changing and that is a good thing :clap: :clap:
Isaac

Isaac-Saxxon 04-06-2007 07:32 AM

Girl your going to get hammer toes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I guess everybody has figured out that Texasbelle loves shoes! Now I do have some limits on them though. I won't wear any that are excruciatingly painful on my feet. I won't wear ugly shoes. I don't wear gaudy on my feet either. I've had plenty of blisters from wearing those beautiful shoes and will probably have many more.

I love summer shoes more than fall shoes. My pet peeve is (listen ladies) not having your feet ready for summer sandals!!!! Girls you know all the rules, if you don't I can post them for you.

I guess I can't answer the question about ugly shoes cause I don't have any.

Oh yes and you fall off those puppies and break your neck. Better get hands free cell service so you will have both hands to catch yourself before you hit the ground. Hot red stiletto heels :clap: :clap: dance all night sister.
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-06-2007 09:19 AM

Well Pocahontas I am a minimum of 6'0" when wearing heels, but hey whatever I have no problem being tall with long legs! Mr. Belle likes it!!

I am going to have post the rules later after workout for the summer feet so we are all clear on this!:D

Texasbelle 04-06-2007 09:22 AM

Found a picture of some of the worst shoes!

2 Attachment(s)
Does anybody remember jellies? They are ugly ugly to me. And the latest fad..CROCS. Yes I know they are comfortable but only people with scrubs on should wear them and maybe a few other select soles. They don't go with every outfit PEOPLE!!!!!

Love, Shoe Police (aka T'belle)

refugen3 04-06-2007 10:51 AM

Right on track

Those things (jellies/Crocs) are sooooooo ugly I don't think I'd be seen with anyone wearing them .
Not out and about that is.
There are so many other choices out there:)

AnimeSpirit 04-06-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

Does anybody remember jellies? They are ugly ugly to me. And the latest fad..CROCS. Yes I know they are comfortable but only people with scrubs on should wear them and maybe a few other select soles. They don't go with every outfit PEOPLE!!!!!

I can agree to that. I can't stand Crocs and it seems like EVERYONE is wearing them. They're so freaking ugly.

scarlett 04-06-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

I never owned either of these myself and would never be caught wearing CROCS!

WiseEyes 04-06-2007 12:21 PM

Oh Texasbelle, I don't think CROCS go with every outfit either. I've seen them in every form and fashion and they are getting ridiculous. I saw some the other day that were gold and purple with the LSU tiger logo slapped on the top! I find myself wearing RocketDogs. Comfortable and cute.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-06-2007 12:32 PM

Hey girls I got to tell you what is comfortable and cute.

Quote:

Oh Texasbelle, I don't think CROCS go with every outfit either. I've seen them in every form and fashion and they are getting ridiculous. I saw some the other day that were gold and purple with the LSU tiger logo slapped on the top! I find myself wearing RocketDogs. Comfortable and cute.

Trebark ! yes that is what I said. Camo rubber boots knee high so I can wade thru a lot of **** with out getting on me :laugh: I am glad you gals like your heels it does change the way you walk and sometimes the way you talk :D
So walk this way and talk this way ..........
Isaac
I need to see what a rocket dog is :confused:

AnimeSpirit 04-06-2007 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Call me "stuck on the military," but I typically wear military-style steel-toe enforcers by Bates. Black boots, zipper sides, and a military shine. :peace: Great footwear for breaking your foot off in some annoying jerk's @$$. :D

Texasbelle 04-06-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Call me "stuck on the military," but I typically wear military-style steel-toe enforcers by Bates. Black boots, zipper sides, and a military shine. :peace: Great footwear for breaking your foot off in some annoying jerk's @$$. :D

Anime' - Just a piece of loving, motherly advice: If you are woman shopping, don't wear the boots! No no no no. Now I understand why you like them and I am sure there might be some redneck women that would love them, but that's not the kind of girl I envision you with your intelligence with. Keep them for day to day, but please tell me you'd never wear them out on a date.

Texasbelle 04-06-2007 04:23 PM

Found a pic of Rocket dogs..

1 Attachment(s)
I am sure these are comfy but I didn't see a 4 inch stiletto in these!:D

Pocahontas 04-06-2007 04:33 PM

These boots are made for stomping...

Quote:

I'll have to agree with Texasbelle on these boots, Anime! Not so good!
They have a bit of a "Scary Nazi" look as well. Don't get me wrong I'm not calling you a nazi I just think they are sending out the wrong vibe.;)

Texasbelle 04-06-2007 05:18 PM

Well, Anime' it looks like the girls have spoken! We are going to have you nice and ready for that date AS SOON AS YOU REGISTER TO VOTE!:clap:

AnimeSpirit 04-06-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Anime' - Just a piece of loving, motherly advice: If you are woman shopping, don't wear the boots! No no no no. Now I understand why you like them and I am sure there might be some redneck women that would love them, but that's not the kind of girl I envision you with your intelligence with. Keep them for day to day, but please tell me you'd never wear them out on a date.

No, not at all. I have other types of footwear that I wear depending on the occasion. I have "office shoes" that I wear with a shirt and tie, I have basic black cowboy boots, and I have sneakers for exercising. I dress according to the occasion and that includes my footwear.

Texasbelle 04-06-2007 07:47 PM

Oh, that's good news. I was sweating it for a minute!!:sweatdrop:

Now do you have a pair of Levi's or Wranglers to wear with those cowboy boots?

AnimeSpirit 04-06-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Oh, that's good news. I was sweating it for a minute!!:sweatdrop:

Now do you have a pair of Levi's or Wranglers to wear with those cowboy boots?

I have jeans, but they're probably not those specific brands. I also have one or two nice western shirts.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-07-2007 11:17 AM

I find myself wearing RocketDogs

Quote:

Oh oh wiseeyes you think your so smart but your youth is showing all over the place. Rocketdogs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What a nerd:rolleyes:
Comfortable and cute ;) you are showing your age there young lady :laugh:
Isaac (son of laughter)

Texasbelle 04-07-2007 02:33 PM

Those Rocket Dogs look like what my goobery, nerdish step son wears. Maybe he wears them because they are comfy!!! Only a young 'un would wear em.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-08-2007 10:49 AM

Does your son take after his mother

Quote:

Those Rocket Dogs look like what my goobery, nerdish step son wears. Maybe he wears them because they are comfy!!! Only a young 'un would wear em.

Got shoe problems contact Texasbelle and she is the queen of toe jam. I think by tomorrow there will be some new players on the board with shoe tales that will make us all laugh. No brass poles please. :rolleyes:
Isaac

Isaac-Saxxon 04-08-2007 11:30 AM

These kicks here will pick up the girls big time

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I have jeans, but they're probably not those specific brands. I also have one or two nice western shirts.

The down side is the girls that like them have big ears and white tails and can run like the wind. Girls I had to show off my favorite shoes to I felt left out ;)
Attachment 264

Now thems some kicks Sista !
Isaac

AnimeSpirit 04-08-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

The down side is the girls that like them have big ears and white tails and can run like the wind. Girls I had to show off my favorite shoes to I felt left out ;)

Isaac

Not my style. :sweatdrop: I go hunting like once every few years, like when someone else invites me, so I don't normally buy hunting gear.

Texasbelle 04-08-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Attachment 264

Isaac

Well well I think we may have found the ugliest pair of shoes yet! And yes the step son takes after the mother (not me). Toe jam? Notta...notta chance I'm gonna tolerate it. Can't stand nasty feet. I firmly believe one of the best investments of your money is in a great pedicure! If you really want to treat your wife right, buy her a gift certificate for one! She'll bonus you back for it!:D

Pocahontas 04-08-2007 05:15 PM

No rubber boots!

Quote:

Attachment 264

Isaac

Oh no you could use some help from Texasbelle and I in the shoe dept! These are very scary! (See Anime's boots and replies) Rubber boots are NOT favorites of the ladies! Now cowboy boots can be awesome!!!!

Texasbelle 04-08-2007 06:33 PM

I love me a man in some Wranglers and cowboy boots (Mr Belle especially!):D

Isaac-Saxxon 04-09-2007 08:16 AM

I thought you liked military boots

Quote:

I love me a man in some Wranglers and cowboy boots (Mr Belle especially!):D

Maybe that was just when you were young. So cowboy boots for the golden years ? :laugh: I like a nice set of moccasins knee high and one feather :D
The feather add some height. Can sneak up on running dear ;)
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-09-2007 09:31 AM

What are you going to do if you catch that deer?:eek:

AnimeSpirit 04-09-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Get the crud kicked out of him if he is lucky, because live deer can get pretty rough. Have you ever seen the movie, Tommy Boy? :D

Isaac-Saxxon 04-09-2007 10:15 AM

Come here deer ? Buckmaster has a treat for you

Quote:

Make deerskin shoes and a loin cloth. This is the shoe thread right. I am sure they make a dress that will match them ;)
Isaac