Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Woman disappears from conference at Centurytel Center (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1015)

sbl_admin 03-25-2007 11:54 AM

Woman disappears from conference at Centurytel Center

An Alabama Woman disappeared from Living Proof Live Ministries conference

rhertz 03-26-2007 11:00 AM

CenturyTel is a rather odd place to come up missing. I would think they would have lots of video surveillance there. Maybe on her way to the concession stand, she got a bump on her head and forgot who she was. Every now and then I hear a story like this. Even a movie or two. Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn! No, she fell overboard...not sure if she hit her head or not. But then there were all those countless episodes of Gilligan's Island. They were always hitting their heads and forgetting who they were! :D

joepole 03-26-2007 11:22 AM

CenturyTel doesn't have all that much video surveillance.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-26-2007 11:26 AM

The missing person might like it that way

I do not know the parties involved but that is a strange place to go missing and maybe she decided to leave for a reason. I live in that area and that place was packed from sun to sun like I have not yet seen. Hey Joepole did you attend :laugh:
Isaac

rhertz 03-26-2007 11:26 AM

LOL, well I forget if it is KTBS or KSLA that has a remote control "towercam" on the Centurytel rooftop. Maybe they need about a dozen more!

Isaac-Saxxon 03-26-2007 11:30 AM

It might help to look up

Look up at the top of the light post in the parking lot to the cat walk inside the arena. Yes they have police all over that place at each event. It is Bossier City not Shreveport :D
Isaac
Just heard on KTBS that they are looking at videos from the security cameras and they had a shot of her on TV. ??

sbl_admin 03-26-2007 03:11 PM

Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

Shreveport Times -- Mar 26 2007 3:11 PM
Authorities: No signs of missing Alabama woman

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 12:09 AM

Does anybody remember Anna King, the newscaster's wife, disappearing? Does any of this remind you of that?

Isabella 03-28-2007 01:03 AM

Yes it does.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-28-2007 07:17 AM

Ok tell us the story of Anna King

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Does anybody remember Anna King, the newscaster's wife, disappearing? Does any of this remind you of that?

I kind of remember it but give us the details TinkerBelle :clap: Isabella you might want to do the job Tinker may not be awake yet :p
Isaac

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 08:25 AM

Tinkerbelle/Texasbelle is up!!!Even though it was a long night being out at the Centurytel seeing Cirque de Soleil/Delirium. Interesting show I might add.

Anna King was the wife of Tony King who does the news on KRMD and maybe another radio station. One night a few years back she was at the hospital visiting her mother, was going to run to Wal Mart to pick up a couple of things, and disappeared. They found her truck parked on the side of I-20 just before the Texas state line. We drive back and forth between Texas and La daily so I had already noticed the truck because it was brand spanking new just parked on the side of the road and left. It was there on a Sat morning and there for about two more days before the po po found it. Anyways, she worked at Highland Clinic, Tony is all over the news making please with "Please return my wife", she had two small children, and people are putting up yellow ribbons, think she's been kidnapped, AND LO AND BEHOLD........

SHE TURNS UP IN CALIFORNIA BECAUSE SHE RAN OFF WITH A TRUCK DRIVER.

Somehow this story of Centurytel disappearance just reminds me of that.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-28-2007 08:30 AM

You are well informed are you a "Smith" ?

Quote:

Tinkerbelle/Texasbelle is up!!!Even though it was a long night being out at the Centurytel seeing Cirque de Soleil/Delirium. Interesting show I might add.

Anna King was the wife of Tony King who does the news on KRMD and maybe another radio station. One night a few years back she was at the hospital visiting her mother, was going to run to Wal Mart to pick up a couple of things, and disappeared. They found her truck parked on the side of I-20 just before the Texas state line. We drive back and forth between Texas and La daily so I had already noticed the truck because it was brand spanking new just parked on the side of the road and left. It was there on a Sat morning and there for about two more days before the po po found it. Anyways, she worked at Highland Clinic, Tony is all over the news making please with "Please return my wife", she had two small children, and people are putting up yellow ribbons, think she's been kidnapped, AND LO AND BEHOLD........

You really got to watch those truckers. They will take your woman and be gone in a flash. Good to see you are awake Winkerbelle. Late night for me too and a early morning. That would be a big 10-4 Tink ! :laugh:
Isaac

AnimeSpirit 03-28-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Good grief! That's just plain wrong! I've got truckers in my family and they aren't THAT bad. There must've been something wrong with that woman.

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 09:31 AM

Well I believe, and I've heard some more of the story that I won't post here but I think there was something(s) wrong. There would have to be for a woman to run off and leave her children, her sick mother in the hospital, her job, etc. I know she did end up divorced. Also, I don't think you can blame it on the truck driver. No telling what story she told him. I am sure truck drivers are not all bad. It's just like any profession, there's a bad egg in every bunch.

sbl_admin 03-28-2007 05:19 PM

Updated News Story

KTBS -- Mar 28 2007 5:19 PM
Still no sign of minister's missing wife

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 06:55 PM

Something is not smelling good about it. I do think it's another Anna King story.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-28-2007 06:57 PM

I thought that from the start

Quote:

Something is not smelling good about it. I do think it's another Anna King story.

Good place to go missing if you need a cover. She is with some trucker hitting the video poker places getting rich.
Isaac

Texasbelle 03-28-2007 07:16 PM

Did you read that this woman's husband is a minister? Somehow I am also getting a vibe of that other minister's wife that killed her husband. Maybe this one left before the abuse got too bad. There are so many reasons why someone could do something like this. None of them are going to be pleasant for anybody. I hope they find her soon. I am sure that her family is frantic with worry.

rhertz 03-28-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I've got truckers in my family.

You too? We have truckers on both sides of the family! Do they still say 10-4 Good Buddy? :D

scarlett 03-28-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

I don't put anything pass anybody these days. People do things you and I would never dream of. Then again I don't know 3/4 of the people in RL on this list and even if i do you still don't know people.

Too many crazies out there husbands killing wives, mothers killing their children, women killing their husbands, and people just killing strangers because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. women wanting to marry women and have maritual rights, men marrying men and wanting the same rights, what a #$J@#KJ$:L@#JL$ WORLD!!!

The world is going crazy like we have never seen it and all of us christians know what the signs are and what it means......

Isaac-Saxxon 03-29-2007 02:18 AM

You are so right Scarlett

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
I don't put anything pass anybody these days. People do things you and I would never dream of. Then again I don't know 3/4 of the people in RL on this list and even if i do you still don't know people.

Too many crazies out there husbands killing wives, mothers killing their children, women killing their husbands, and people just killing strangers because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. women wanting to marry women and have maritual rights, men marrying men and wanting the same rights, what a #$J@#KJ$:L@#JL$ WORLD!!!

The world is going crazy like we have never seen it and all of us christians know what the signs are and what it means......

These are signs of what it would be like in the end times. Christians know to look for and watch watchman watch :clap:

scarlett 03-29-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
These are signs of what it would be like in the end times. Christians know to look for and watch watchman watch :clap:

That's exactly what I meant. I thought things were bad in the 80's man those were easy days and nothing like today. We had issues in this world but sheeessshhh

rhertz 03-29-2007 09:12 PM

This story has made national news now. I saw it on the FOX news channel tonight.

BrainSmashR 03-30-2007 07:07 AM

Wasn't that a religious event?

How come God didn't take her soul and body....bones and all?

Funny how you can justify that answer to yourself until you have to start dealing with reality, huh?

Isaac-Saxxon 03-30-2007 07:25 AM

Morning buddy !

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Wasn't that a religious event?

How come God didn't take her soul and body....bones and all?

Funny how you can justify that answer to yourself until you have to start dealing with reality, huh?

You see religion had nothing to do with this lady leaving the event. In fact religion and Christianity often get mixed together and one is man made and the other is of God. There is no need to ever defend God HE can take care of things just fine. Yes it is faith friend and it brings blessings to many people and much joy and happiness. I hope one day you get a chance to taste the blessings and then you will know true happiness. Until then I will keep you in my prayers buddy.
Isaac

sbl_admin 04-02-2007 07:50 AM

Updated News Story

KTBS -- Apr 2 2007 7:50 AM
Still no sign of minister's missing wife

rhertz 04-02-2007 11:41 AM

This report says ""something of a private, personal nature we learned" indicates Mary Byrne "Beth" Smith, 30, was not abducted"

This is starting to sound like the "runaway bride" story (Jennifer Wilbanks) or something similar. Maybe this woman just needed to escape her life for some reason.

Texasbelle 04-02-2007 08:19 PM

Or some husband like JoePole.:)

Al Swearengen 04-02-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
This is starting to sound like the "runaway bride" story (Jennifer Wilbanks) or something similar. Maybe this woman just needed to escape her life for some reason.

Jennifer Wilbanks aka "The ***** with the Crazy Eyes"...I sure hope somebody slapped her silly, then slammed her with all those fines for sending the authorities off on a wild goose chase. The only tragedy in THAT story was that she came back!

Isaac-Saxxon 04-03-2007 07:23 AM

There are just as many people as there are stories

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Jennifer Wilbanks aka "The ***** with the Crazy Eyes"...I sure hope somebody slapped her silly, then slammed her with all those fines for sending the authorities off on a wild goose chase. The only tragedy in THAT story was that she came back!

It seems like everybody has something to hide except for me and my monkey:D With that said there is that 10% of each person that nobody ever knows and sometimes in that 10% there can be many toys in the attic. Crazy may be mistaken for depressed or even scared. The mind games that go on in churches take there toll and this lady may have just had enough ? That is only a guess but something happened for the police to not think there was foul play.
Isaac

rhertz 04-03-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Or some husband like JoePole.:)

Maybe Joepole has other attributes that we don't know about, but his wife does. Like I wonder how he got his name?! ;) ;) ;)

sbl_admin 04-04-2007 07:36 AM

Updated News Story

Shreveport Times -- Apr 4 2007 7:36 AM
Still no signs of missing woman

Isaac-Saxxon 04-04-2007 07:43 AM

Should she be charged if she is found ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbl_admin

Shreveport Times -- Apr 4 2007 7:36 AM

Still no signs of missing woman

Much money has been spent trying to find her. I guess she hit the wall and now has a new life. It would be nice if she called to say she is doing well and stop the police from hunting her down. Truth is stranger than fiction.
Isaac

sbl_admin 04-04-2007 07:48 AM

Updated News Story

KTBS -- Apr 4 2007 7:48 AM
Still no word from missing Alabama woman

Isaac-Saxxon 04-04-2007 10:00 AM

JoePole may know Steely Dan

Quote:

Maybe Joepole has other attributes that we don't know about, but his wife does. Like I wonder how he got his name?! ;) ;) ;)

So JoePole just how did you come up with that name ? oh come on just a hint please !
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-04-2007 10:01 PM

I think whatever her reasons for leaving her marriage and life, they are her reasons. BUT it would be the right thing to do to go ahead and contact law enforcement officials to let them know she is ok. Her family needs to know that she is ok. It's the right thing to do.

rhertz 04-05-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

I think whatever her reasons for leaving her marriage and life, they are her reasons. BUT it would be the right thing to do to go ahead and contact law enforcement officials to let them know she is ok. Her family needs to know that she is ok. It's the right thing to do.

Just as a taxpayer I would have to agree. Police could spend $100k or more searching for her. That money comes from somewhere.

If I recall, the "runaway bride" had to repay some of the costs associated with her search, which probably isn't a bad idea to let folks know that they don't have the right to use up limited police money and manpower when there are real crimes that need solving.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-05-2007 01:32 PM

rhertz this poor girl could be in real trouble

Quote:

Just as a taxpayer I would have to agree. Police could spend $100k or more searching for her. That money comes from somewhere.

If I recall, the "runaway bride" had to repay some of the costs associated with her search, which probably isn't a bad idea to let folks know that they don't have the right to use up limited police money and manpower when there are real crimes that need solving.

You are worried about tax payer dollars. What if it was your wife ? Well never mind that but let us wait and see before we cast stones :D
Isaac

sbl_admin 04-06-2007 08:00 PM

Updated News Story

FOX NEWS -- Apr 6 2007 8:00 PM
Cops Believe Missing Preacher's Wife May Have Disappeared on Her Own

sbl_admin 04-10-2007 11:39 AM

Updated News Story

KTBS -- Apr 10 2007 11:39 AM
Reward offered for information about missing Alabama woman