Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Style & Shopping (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What new stores are you excited about? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2488)

Morpheus 11-21-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 25099)
Now Morpheus you know us women would try the things on while still in the store. We like to know before we get home if it's going to work or not!;)

I tried the shirts on, but did not tuck them in! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Morpheus 12-01-2007 02:34 PM

I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings on Youree, in Shreveport. The food was much better than the one in Bossier. Overall the restaurant is smaller. I swear there is no one over 18 working there, and I don't know what kind of training they received, but our waitress didn't have a clue. They didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked for a trivia box.

Speaking of trivia, the competition was decent with somewhere around 12-14 people playing. I won the one round I played, but it was super close and I had to tune out Mrs. Morph on more than one occasion. She was not pleased so this may not be a good date place.

I hope the service picks up, because otherwise this place will be closed within a year. I wouldn't go back, except for the trivia game and the Caribbean jerk sauce.

Pocahontas 12-01-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25819)
I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings on Youree, in Shreveport. The food was much better than the one in Bossier. Overall the restaurant is smaller. I swear there is no one over 18 working there, and I don't know what kind of training they received, but our waitress didn't have a clue. They didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked for a trivia box.

Speaking of trivia, the competition was decent with somewhere around 12-14 people playing. I won the one round I played, but it was super close and I had to tune out Mrs. Morph on more than one occasion. She was not pleased so this may not be a good date place.

I hope the service picks up, because otherwise this place will be closed within a year. I wouldn't go back, except for the trivia game and the Caribbean jerk sauce.

I've been to the one in the Boardwalk I think it's the same chain? But didn't play the trivia game. It does sound like something I'd enjoy and be good at.
How does it work in the restaurant setting?

Morpheus 12-01-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 25823)
I've been to the one in the Boardwalk I think it's the same chain? But didn't play the trivia game. It does sound like something I'd enjoy and be good at.
How does it work in the restaurant setting?

yeah it's the same chain. the name of the game is buzz time trivia. just ask your server for a box.

Pocahontas 12-01-2007 08:12 PM

I got to thinking if it's sports trivia I might not do so well, but just general like current events, entertainment etc. I'd do alright.

Morpheus 12-01-2007 09:30 PM

they have different games at different times. here is the schedule.

http://players.buzztime.com/schedule.php

Pocahontas 12-02-2007 09:42 AM

That's neat! So you are playing against other people not just against yourself then?

Isaac-Saxxon 12-02-2007 09:52 AM

Nerd patrol !! :eek::eek:

Morpheus 12-02-2007 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 25864)
Nerd patrol !! :eek::eek:

and proud of it!!! Actually I prefer geek.

Pocahontas 12-02-2007 11:17 AM

If nerds enjoy playing games and especially board games with their family then I'm definitely one!:shocked:Sounds like I'm in good company too!

vixweb 12-02-2007 01:00 PM

Pokie, I've played and its alot of fun! Especially if your in a small group, because you play against the other patrons-:D When I was in Austin a few months ago, I noticed several of the bars were doing this too-

Isaac-Saxxon 12-02-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25867)
and proud of it!!! Actually I prefer geek.

OK MR. GEEK it will be and Pokie the Nerd !!! Come on Vix man up here :laugh:
I have a whole house full of board game kids and other family too. That is my sign to move to the back and find a good tv show or read.

vixweb 12-02-2007 01:06 PM

Right now my favorite store is E-BAY BABY!!! Gotta go win something!:D

Morpheus 12-02-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 25876)
OK MR. GEEK it will be and Pokie the Nerd !!! Come on Vix man up here :laugh:
I have a whole house full of board game kids and other family too. That is my sign to move to the back and find a good tv show or read.

j.nc 12-02-2007 11:11 PM

Maybe covered here already, but what stores do you need/want? I'll throw out a few off top of my head (and excuse me if you already have them) even though the population may not support one there, they're nice to have all the same -probably some things I'd miss if moved back to town.
  • Apple Store
  • Trader Joes
  • Lowes Foods/Whole Food Market (or similar)*
  • REI **
  • COSTCO***
  • Nordstrums

*in general you have some good grocery stores - but they seem a few (5-10)years behind in what's offered, layout, etc. Mainly going by Kroger and what's the other... Brookshires -so my exposer is limited. But hey, if the prices are good that's not so bad.
**REI would be a nice balance to the Bass Pro Shop. But build them far apart... in fact don't let them touch, it would be like matter meeting anti-matter...
*** compare SAMs. a matter of taste I suppose. Not saying one is "better taste" then the other, just a different choice. I prefer COSTCO.