Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What is your favorite way to eat Crawfish ? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1320)

piemaker720 05-02-2007 09:59 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-03-2007 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
Let's put a kick to it. Water, salt, lemons, creole seasonings. When you throw in the corn and potatoes it really puts the seasoning on. The spicest the better. Makes you drink more too. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

I would think you would like the crawfish pie :laugh:

Sheba 05-03-2007 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
One trick I do is to take a pair of old panty hose, cut off the legs, and stuff them with potatoes, corn, onion, etc. This way it is easy to pull out the veggies so I don't have to go fishing for them. I dunno why but some folks question this practice. :D

Uh, yeah! This GA girl can do the crawfish in soups, stews - I absolutely love pistolettes!! I also love the flair with which LA folks cook their dishes!! Such culture...

But somehow that big, red thing called a mud bug sitting on a plate makes me rethink eatin'. Add in old panty hose??? :blech:

I'm sticking to the saucy stuff....

rhertz 05-03-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba
But somehow that big, red thing called a mud bug sitting on a plate makes me rethink eatin'. Add in old panty hose??? :blech:

I'm sticking to the saucy stuff....

Guerl, you don't know whatcha missin'!! :D :D

piemaker720 05-03-2007 10:39 PM

Hey, I'll take a big pile of them red mudbugs any ole time. Uhm

Sheba 05-04-2007 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
Hey, I'll take a big pile of them red mudbugs any ole time. Uhm

You can have my share! Funny though - we have family coming in from GA for my daughter's graduation. Guess what we are serving!?! A big pile of them red mudbugs - at their special request. Some fried catfish, hush puppies, and Cajun fries, too. They want a taste of real LA.

So, I love the recipes/ideas on this thread. Perhaps I might even give those mudbugs a real taste myself amid all the celebration. If I can just get beyond that red shell.... :clap:

But I have to draw the line at old pantyhose! Sorry rhertz....;)

Isaac-Saxxon 05-04-2007 06:19 AM

Quote:

You can have my share! Funny though - we have family coming in from GA for my daughter's graduation. Guess what we are serving!?! A big pile of them red mudbugs - at their special request. Some fried catfish, hush puppies, and Cajun fries, too. They want a taste of real LA.

So, I love the recipes/ideas on this thread. Perhaps I might even give those mudbugs a real taste myself amid all the celebration. If I can just get beyond that red shell.... :clap:

But I have to draw the line at old pantyhose! Sorry rhertz....;)

No old pantyhose for dinner ? :laugh: I am with ya girl. No fumunda for me to add to my crawfish :D I will go with the new taters and corn and rolaids :barf: to get rid of the fire ;)

purpahurl 05-04-2007 07:41 AM

Crawfish

My other favorite way to eat them is with my hands and mouth.

Sheba 05-04-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl
My other favorite way to eat them is with my hands and mouth.

On any day that ends in 'y"?:D :D :D :D

Isaac-Saxxon 05-04-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

On any day that ends in 'y"?:D :D :D :D

Teacher, teacher I declare .............. :laugh: